FGTs to Montecito C&C

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
A group of FGTs ( and some non-FGTs) are planning to drive up from the Malibu area on Sunday (2 Mar'14) to the Montecito Cars & Coffee ( sometimes called the Santa Barbara Cars & Coffee). Typical to most Cars & Coffee (C&C) type events , this is an early morning gathering ( 8:00am-10:00am). But , you'll need to get there earlier than 8:00am to secure a good spot. Our group plans to meet up at the Trancas Canyon Starbucks ( about 10 miles north of Malibu on the PCH) and leave for Montecito at 6:30 am.
Anyone out there up that early and interested in joining us ( non-FGTs too) ?

The C&C site is on Coast Village Road in Montecito just south of Santa Barbara. Coming from the south on PCH /Hwy 101, you'd exit Olive Mill Road ( exit 94A). Continue from the off-ramp onto Coast Village Road , and the C&C is only a few blocks up the road ( look for all the cars).
There are shops and restaurants immediately adjacent to where the cars will be parked for those who want to do breakfast , and there's a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf shop for those who want just coffee.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
I think the forecast for epic rain for the next few days and it's effects possibly lingering into Sunday morning , has understandably resulted in the underwhelming response to the above. While clearing weather by Sunday is still possible , a few of us ( me included) have made the decision not to go. However, I understand that there're a few hardy soles that are still considering going depending on the last minute conditions. Consequently if you do make it, you may or may not (?) find some company at the Trancas meeting spot and at the event.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I think the forecast for epic rain for the next few days and it's effects possibly lingering into Sunday morning , has understandably resulted in the underwhelming response to the above. While clearing weather by Sunday is still possible , a few of us ( me included) have made the decision not to go. However, I understand that there're a few hardy soles that are still considering going depending on the last minute conditions. Consequently if you do make it, you may or may not (?) find some company at the Trancas meeting spot and at the event.

Boy oh boy.... I read this and it sounds like the world is coming to an end. Us Midwesterns and East Coasters would die for epic rain about now. It was -8 this am and they are calling for a foot of snow sunday

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
No not exactly the end of the world. But occasionally SoCal has it's challenges.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Bummer. Was looking forward to meeting you guys and having a great day with the GTs.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Bummer. Was looking forward to meeting you guys and having a great day with the GTs.

Not to fear.
We are already talking about such events in the next few weeks ( Morning Octane, Eurotopia,......,etc).
So stay tuned .

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Not to fear.
We are already talking about such events in the next few weeks ( Morning Octane, Eurotopia,......,etc).
So stay tuned .

Well, a few of us are thinking of trying this again next Sunday morning (6/22). The "group" didn't make last time due to a very rare event in SoCal ( rain) .
Would gather at the Trancas Canyon Starbucks ( Trancas Canyon/PCH) and leave for Montecito around 6:30am. Like most C&C's , cars typically start leaving around 10:00am. Can discuss several options once there for those that have the interest and availability ( breakfast, drive back through Ojai/Santa Paula/Fillmore, Summer Solstice Celebration in downtown Santa Barbara,..,etc).
Again, this is just a casual gathering of FGT ( and other) cars with no formal organization or established program.

So, who would be interested in joining us?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Let's Go Ron.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Let's Go Ron.

Great !
As of this morning, I've got only two that definitely can't make it. Should hear from the rest of the gang this week.
Keep checking the Forum for status.
Are you familiar with the Trancas Canyon gathering place (Starbucks)?
Ron

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Yes. I live in Pacific Palisades.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Great !
As of this morning, I've got only two that definitely can't make it. Should hear from the rest of the gang this week.
Keep checking the Forum for status.
Are you familiar with the Trancas Canyon gathering place (Starbucks)?
Ron
Kevin (?),
We're "on" for this Sunday (6/22) morning.
We now have (5) FGTs (including yourself) planning to go.
Phil is planning to make reso's for breakfast at a near by restaurant that he's familiar with ( adjacent to C&C and should not have to move the cars). Do you want to be included in for breakfast? Any interest in a short return drive through Ojai ( either HWY 150 to Santa Paula or the short loop back to PCH down HWY 33 into Ventura) ?
Will PM you my cell phone number.
Ron

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ron
Thanks for the details Ron.
I'll meet you at Starbucks 6-6:15
Breakfast, yes!
Drive a bit on the way home, I'll have to play that one by ear.
Look forward to it.
Kevin.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Sorry if the above thread sounds like the babbling of a brunch of closed group insiders.
It's not !
Everyone is welcome to join the outing.
All you need is the passion we all share for our cars.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
All Aboard !

We're on for this Sunday's Montecito ( Santa Barbra) C&C . Gather at Starbucks - Trancas Canyon at PCH ,and leave from there at 6:30am for Montecito. Several options for the return drive available ( loop back through Lake Casitas or Ojai/Santa Paula ?) for those that have the interest/availability. Planning to get together for breakfast at nearby ( immediately adjacent to C&C area) restaurant for those interested .
Everybody welcome to join us.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Life is Good !

(4) FGTs left the gathering point at Trancas Cyn/PCH for the drive up to the Montecito C&C. Was a nice drive along the Southern California coastline with only a slight overcast ( burned off early to clear blue sunny skies) and no fog.
A local ( Santa Barbara) FGT arrived after we pulled in at Montecito for a total FGT presence of (5) .
Lots of activity around our cars throughout the morning from admirers and the curious.
The group had breakfast at a quaint little restaurant just down the street that Phil frequents.
Our cars, the camaraderie, a nice day--Life is Good!
Hopefully, I'm successful in attaching some pictures(?).20140622_073732.jpg

Attachments

• 20140622_073844.jpg
    20140622_073844.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20140622_094656.jpg
    20140622_094656.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 65

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
More pics.

Looks like I was successful in post the above pics . So, I'll try for a few more.
Well, I guess "it" happens and I was able to do it again.

Attachments

• 20140622_094301.jpg
    20140622_094301.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20140622_082315.jpg
    20140622_082315.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 66

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Nice looking blue car there - I think I know the owner....

View attachment 34332

Last edited:

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Nice looking blue car there - I think I know the owner....

View attachment 34332
Hey Ralphie,

Helen & I will be up at our place in Mammoth from this weekend through next week. Are you in town for coffee some morning?
So as not to bore the viewers of this thread, I'll PM you .
Ron