Exterior design cues from the web

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yesterday when I first saw the shape of the new GT it reminded me of something I'd seen maybe a year ago. This morning I found it. It was the web thing on the Ferrari F80 "concept car". A few relevant pics below:

ferrari-f80-concept-026-970x548-c.jpg

ferrari-f80-concept-030-970x548-c.jpg

The main point of the parallel to the new Ford GT is the teardrop shaped passenger compartment and the panel gap between the wheels and the body. The F80 concept does it both front and rear whereas the FGT only does it rear.

When I first saw these pictures I thought the way the rear view mirrors were integrated was kind of slick.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I mentioned that to someone as soon as I saw the side profile. I said Ferrari F80 just not as extreme :)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, yesterday on one of my groups, I put a pic up of Camilo and Raeli with the F80 concept car and my inquiry as to how much of that was known by them given some of the obvious similarities. It's probably just the way it came out, but it's still interesting.

Attachments

• Raeli Pardo.jpg
    Raeli Pardo.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 146

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
Does the interior have a bit of the Lexus LFA (another 400k super-car) design to it?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, yesterday on one of my groups, I put a pic up of Camilo and Raeli with the F80 concept car and my inquiry as to how much of that was known by them given some of the obvious similarities. It's probably just the way it came out, but it's still interesting.

I don't know if I said it on this forum, but the state of the art for aerodynamic designs will lead to a lot of similarities. It's just kind of that the F80 concept has some of the same concepts. I don't believe it means they copied, it means they arrived at the same solution.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh I don't think they copied either, it's just funny that Camilo who did the ONE (and who probably wasn't involved in this GT) has seen this Raeli design, and then the new car turns up with some of the same elements. Just a cool coincidence, but does make you go "hmmmm". Haha. Just kidding, but you're right, the state of the art for aero designs will lead to similarities, that's just part of what makes this new GT amazing, it has the similarities, but still looks OH. SO. GOOD!!!!