Extended Warranty Avail. ??

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
First, shame on my fellow viper owners, I see a lot of familiar faces (ID's) here !! :eek j/k as I truly believe the Ford GT is that next step up.

So, this weekend, I will be selling my 2002 ACR if all things go as planned, and within a very short few months, will be in the market for a Ford GT, or F430.

My question, I am one of the few, who actually drive Super Cars on a regular basis. My ACR has almost 60k on it, and I single handedly put the miles on the car since driving it off the show room floor 3 years ago.

I expect my next super car, will have a similar duty. The Vipers are able to get an extended warranty of up to 7 year/100,000 miles. Is it possible to extend the 3/36,000 on the Ford GT, through a Ford Dealership/with Ford Motor Co?

Thanks for the help, and for those that already have one of these wonderful cars, congrats !!

Jon

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Another former Viper owner here - 96 GTS, 02GTS, 03 SRT10 and 05 SRT10 all gone now. Just needed a break from the Viper for a while.

I have been wondering about an extended warranty also, more for the time than the miles. I drive all mine also but I tend to spread the miles around on a few cars. I am going to call the GM at the dealership that sold me the GT and see if he has any info.

2005 Ford GT #1688 Silver/Black Stripes
—————————————————————————————————
Our other cars: 2006 Z06 DSOM / 2006 S55 Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 SSR Silver / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I sold the 65 Cobra Replica...I am trying like hell to hold onto 96' B/W that I got about 9 months ago...always wanted the viper and love the hell out of it...we will see I think I am going to make it without selling it.

matt

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
I was wondering why you were telling me about trying to keep the Viper, until I get that I was talking about selling mine. I am not selling mine because I want a GT, as I am in perfectly good position to buy one right now without selling my viper, as my Viper is paid for. I am just selling the Viper because I am ready for something new. The only reason I dont jump on a GT right now, is I am buying a new place in Chicago (just moved here), and I want to make sure the winter passes, before I expose a GT to Chicago :D

Its kind of like Steve, he definetly did not sell all his vipers because he had to (I know who you are steve, on viper club ;) ) he did it because he wanted a change. I am in sync with him on that.

Still very curious about the extended warranty, preliminary reports (a dealership called me) says that there is not one available from Ford.

Jon

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR said:
I was wondering why you were telling me about trying to keep the Viper, until I get that I was talking about selling mine. I am not selling mine because I want a GT, as I am in perfectly good position to buy one right now without selling my viper, as my Viper is paid for. I am just selling the Viper because I am ready for something new. The only reason I dont jump on a GT right now, is I am buying a new place in Chicago (just moved here), and I want to make sure the winter passes, before I expose a GT to Chicago :D

Its kind of like Steve, he definetly did not sell all his vipers because he had to (I know who you are steve, on viper club ;) ) he did it because he wanted a change. I am in sync with him on that.

Still very curious about the extended warranty, preliminary reports (a dealership called me) says that there is not one available from Ford.

Jon

There are so many aftermarket warranties that are scams. In California you can only by aftermarket warranties through a car dealer, Ford does not offer one on the GT... according to my info.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
bony,

Right, thats why I definetly posted/asked about Ford Dealership and Ford Motor Co offering them. I definetly have NO intention of buying an aftermarket warranty. They are often unlikely to payout without major hassle. Either through Ford, or nothing.

Alas, yes it looks like 3/36k is all thats available.

Jon

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR said:
bony,

Right, thats why I definetly posted/asked about Ford Dealership and Ford Motor Co offering them. I definetly have NO intention of buying an aftermarket warranty. They are often unlikely to payout without major hassle. Either through Ford, or nothing.

Alas, yes it looks like 3/36k is all thats available.

Jon
Welcome,
I was also told from my dealer that one was not available.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
I am also up for a change. I have a 96 B/W and an 06 FE that i will be placing up for sale in the near future. I need another GT. One for the Track...

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
I have had Vipers since '95 and loved them. (the '04 was just OK)
The problem with the GT is that it is now the only car I want to drive.
Damn Ford!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Extended warranty

I picked up my new 2005 Red GT last Saturday at the same time as a new Fusion for my son. There is no extended warranty for the GT. The sales manager called Ford direct and they do not offer one. I did purchase for the Fusion.