Every automotive term you wanted to know about - but were afraid to ask.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
As published by Car and Driver in 1988. As I said before, the definitions are just as relevant today as they were twenty years ago.

Digitizing the three segments turned into quite the project. Scanning with OCR was effective, but there remained a ton of errors (spelling, puncuation, formatting) that needed to be proofed and edited. I did not allow myself any editorial liberties so the verbiage appears as it was originally published. Even the humor was left in tact (some of which is corny, some pretty clever - my personal favorite is Stroke). The only thing I could not include was a handful of diagrams which, when included rendered the file a gargantuan 125 MB.

So my brothers, enjoy the fruits of my labor, a good portion of which took place from 4:00 to 8:30 AM today. And a very special and belated thank you to the C&D staff for publishing such a fine piece of automotive reference material.

joe

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Thanks Joe.... but we need to update teh file as it was published in 1988.

First suggestion is to edit:
"Breathing (heavy) - a typical response when an enthusiast sees any sleek, Italian car with a twelve-cylinder engine. " by changing "Italian car" to Ford GT.:lol

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
Up early and out for a drive???

Joe,
Did you wake up early today anticipating a drive in your GT on this rare sunny near-spring weekend day here in PA. Mine is sadly sitting idol on the rack.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Joe,
Did you wake up early today anticipating a drive in your GT on this rare sunny near-spring weekend day here in PA. Mine is sadly sitting idol on the rack.
Actually, I was still pretty wound up from a 5 day business trip - couldn't sleep real well so I thought I'd put all the restlessness to good use. Now I'm polishing my treasure in preparation for instally the new Speed Lingerie mask. And yes it's a beautiful day - Phil was right; Spring is here!