Events or experiences in your GT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If you own a decent car, you should be exempt from putting it on and ruining the profile of our rolling art.

There are mounts that bolt into the tow hook hole.

Maybe I’ll just call myself an activist and leave it off. Right to peaceful protest?

It is required in my state as well. I do not have a front plate on any vehicle except a pickup which has a bumper formed to hold the plate.

In over twenty years, I have received one citation (non-moving violation, thus no insurance penalty) and that was given to me by a meter maid while parked.

I see it as a cheap tax to keep my cars free of what I consider a visual and mechanical assault on the cars I already paid 10's of thousands of dollars in sales tax and registration fees.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
(Sh)could’ve taking the truck. But why?

8F7CA68C-501E-4CFB-A44B-B00946EE7B3A.jpeg

Reactions: roketman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for this suggestion, just ordered one. Although Texas is pretty lenient about this, will appreciate having a backup solution

That's my car with the PURE XDC plate on it! I took the product photos for them years ago. It's a solid mount and works as intended.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
If you own a decent car, you should be exempt from putting it on and ruining the profile of our rolling art.

There are mounts that bolt into the tow hook hole.

Maybe I’ll just call myself an activist and leave it off. Right to peaceful protest?

I agree. And encouragingly, so do some police officers. I was out with my son on a ride and came to a stop at a red light where a policeman was standing. He came up to the passenger window and the conversation went like this:

Policeman: Do you know that you have no front plate?
Me: Yes, officer.
Policeman: And did you know it’s illegal in New York to drive without a front plate?
Me: Yes, but there’s really no place to put it without drilling the front bumper, and I don’t want to do that.
Policeman: It would be a crime if you did—I’d sooner shoot myself. Have a nice day!

I also have no front plate on the 550 Spyder replica, and have never had a problem in over 10 years. I think that, in most jurisdictions, unless you’re really driving like a clown (or you catch someone on a really bad day), you’re going to be fine!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I got a no front plate ticket in 1986 cruising the Renton Loop. I pointed out several other cars cruising the loop without front plates, some without provisions like our GT's,. He said, "but I got you". 30+ years later, this car, I suspect the outcome would be different. Even if I received a ticket today I wouldn't complain. There are far worse tickets I should have been issued.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I got a no front plate ticket in 1986 cruising the Renton Loop. I pointed out several other cars cruising the loop without front plates, some without provisions like our GT's,. He said, "but I got you". 30+ years later, this car, I suspect the outcome would be different. Even if I received a ticket today I wouldn't complain. There are far worse tickets I should have been issued.

A police officer friend once compared speeding tickets to shooting a shotgun in the middle of a flock of ducks. The one that gets the ticket is the duck that didn't get away.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Had some buddies over today at my house. Then a proper lemans style tour through the Halton hills. Not exactly Tennessee, but a great day just the same. Especially for my son.

ECCAC717-8284-4C10-8B7C-8B6A9AD7B240.jpeg43F3133F-894C-472E-AC00-1A695A712C8D.jpeg7A0D2325-F0EE-45C8-A173-0FF46431CEFD.jpeg

Reactions: extrap

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Then leading the way to the twists.

35AEC0A0-647C-43A2-8613-5B59D1E0E90F.jpeg

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
What is everyone else doing with their GTs each day?

Reactions: roketman

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Most days nothing. Put 60 miles on it yesterday, today I checked rear tire tread (5/32) and put the tender on, as well as opening the clamshell for a look see (I was finding rat droppings in there over the winter, so we ratproofed the garage). Will check air in the tires later this week. Last week I spray conditioned the driver seat.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Mostly I just drive it. Sometimes I wash it.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
i have had my GT a little over two weeks, so still pretty busy. I changed the oil, oil filter, air filters and flushed the brake fluid last week. i also put the original optional BBS wheels and new tires on the car. I will be pulling the plugs for inspection tonight, and oil pump drive belt is also on the short list to be changed. I generally do most the work on my cars, but do outsource some jobs. I have also driven the car a lot.

Reactions: F Pilot and 2112

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
i have had my GT a little over two weeks, so still pretty busy. I changed the oil, oil filter, air filters and flushed the brake fluid last week. i also put the original optional BBS wheels and new tires on the car. I will be pulling the plugs for inspection tonight, and oil pump drive belt is also on the short list to be changed. I generally do most the work on my cars, but do outsource some jobs. I have also driven the car a lot.

Great! Welcome! 🍻 Pics please! (y) :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: F Pilot

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
We put 180 miles on Saturday.
Hit one of our favorite wineries for an afternoon snack and a couple glasses of wine over looking the vineyard (thought about you Roz and Jennifer!)
Threw a case of wine in my wife's lap and drove the twisties home.

A lot less shows and a lot more driving these days.

Jeff

Reactions: F Pilot

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
I purchased the Continental Y-720 belt. Seemed to be a few threads indicating this would be a suitable replacement, but have not actually installed yet. Not having any issues, just going thru any maintenance the car might need.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I purchased the Continental Y-720 belt. Seemed to be a few threads indicating this would be a suitable replacement, but have not actually installed yet. Not having any issues, just going thru any maintenance the car might need.
I've installed a couple of those without problems. They are way stiffer than what will come off but I don't know how the OEM was when new. Both belts I replaced looked good, one at 5500 the other at 12k miles.

Reactions: F Pilot and extrap

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
1300 miles on her now since I got it last Thursday night. Got home just now.

An understanding wife is key. The GT is not a girlfriend, it’s a buddy. Having the Boogeyman as your buddy is exhilarating 👍🏻😁👍🏻

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Most days nothing. Put 60 miles on it yesterday, today I checked rear tire tread (5/32) and put the tender on, as well as opening the clamshell for a look see (I was finding rat droppings in there over the winter, so we ratproofed the garage). Will check air in the tires later this week. Last week I spray conditioned the driver seat.
What did you use for seat conditioning? Anyone have suggestions for overall interior protection? Leather, seals, etc. thanks

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I changed the oil, oil filter, air filters and flushed the brake fluid last week.

Do you plan to change the clutch fluid also? What interval is recommended for clutch fluid? At every brake fluid flush (2 years), or changing clutch fluid with every other brake fluid flush (4 years)?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
What did you use for seat conditioning? Anyone have suggestions for overall interior protection? Leather, seals, etc. thanks

I know there is better stuff, but I use Mcguires gold. Since my car has upgraded leather, I condition it pretty regularly.