Enzo cut in two on PCH Feb. 21

Pipelion

Any of you SoCa boys see the Enzo after it went airborn at 120mph near Encino Rd, close to Malibu?

Guy walked away with only a cut lip. The Enzo hit the telephone pole 12 feet off the ground. The Enzo hit the pole right behind the firewall(rear). Cut the back off the car. Unlike the Enzo cut in three peices in Europe and the driver died.

Drive safe / fly right side up,

Allan :biggrin

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
old, old news...many threads here already

Pipelion

Well Excuuuuse Me,

Sorry I've been off line and came back and read lots of posts and didn't see it.

Allan

PS Does LeMans mean "the world"?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This is a still hot news, appears that the car and an SLR may have been reported stolen in the UK, that the Enzo was not California legal... the owner has lots of explaining to do.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I have the first hand knowledge, but cannot divulge it do to me avocation...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Pipelion said:
Does LeMans mean "the world"?

:lol :lol :lol

Its the name of the town where the worlds most famous 24Hour race is held....

I know the French are big headed - but to call a town "THE WORLD", is too much EVEN for them...

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
'..news at 11..." dial in latimes.com on the web and read the news today about our Ferrari crasher...VERY INTERESTING...the plot thickens...

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I went back through the crash area yesterday, and from the rubber on the side of the road I'm pretty certain that he was going west on PCH (someone can validate?) and went airborne on one of the long bumps on the road. At 162 mph these elevation changes are killers.

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
One of my chums, a Ferrari nut - not an owner - but nutty enough to sport Ferrari tattoo, is now claiming he's part owner of an Enzo. He picked up a 2" square piece of carbon fiber with red paint. He's chuffed.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
"CHUFFED"? english no doubt...is that in psyched?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
A wrecked Ferrari, international money laundering and counterfeiting, a business fronting as a transit authority, the Homeland sec. guys.... all the makings of a spy espionage novel or screenplay. Lemansz, taking notes for that next "made for TV" movie?

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
As a matter of fact...I'll tell ya the real deal off line sometime...as indciated, my AVOCATION as a member of LE, doesn't allow me to divulge certain infornmation...it is quite an interesting story and it's still being written...stay tuned

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
More dirt...

LEMANSZ said:
'..news at 11..." dial in latimes.com on the web and read the news today about our Ferrari crasher...VERY INTERESTING...the plot thickens...
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari3mar03,0,1423392.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I read in a San Diego paper this morning that they said the car could be sent back to Italy and be repaired for around $200,000.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA