Egr tube loose at both ends

GTF-40

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2006
columbus, ohio
after reading the latest post on the throttle sticking problem, i walked out to the garage to take a look at the throttle linkage. i do not see off hand how it would stick as it is pretty simple design. anything is posible though especially if something came loose and lodged in the throttle plate from inside the air intake or filter. as i was noseing around the engine compartment, i noticed that the insulator cover had slid down the egr tube so i pulled it up a bit for cosmetic reasons and to my suprise the tube moved. i grabed the upper nut and it is loose and has backed out a few turns, also the lower nut for the tube is very loose. i have not tightened either yet as i wanted to take a picture. i noticed that there are no visible wrench marks on the upper nut. i may be a isolated case but i would ask others to check this tube on thier car. it is not a big deal as it would just cause a exhaust leak but at a certain point it would set a code as the egr operation is monitored. anyone that knows how to post a picture on the thread, please advise as i would like to add it to this thread. george

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
When you hit 'post reply' you'll see below the text box is a grey panel called 'manage attachments'. Hit this, then hit 'browse' to locate it and then 'upload'.

Make sure your picture is a small size - 100k or under - then you're done!

I'd like to see some pics of what was loose and I can then check mine.

Thanks

Neil

GTF-40

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2006
columbus, ohio
picture

picture of egr tube upper end, mine was out about 3 turns, you can see the carbon on the threads. the lower was loose about half turn. george

Attachments

• egrTUBEgt.JPG
    egrTUBEgt.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 167

GTF-40

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2006
columbus, ohio
picture uploaded

ok, picture uploaded.

also, btw my car is at 92 miles.

thanks for the help neil.......george

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Thanks for the picture George - I'll check mine!

Neil

PS Get some more miles on the dials :biggrin