eBay crashed GT sale

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Salvage happens when the cost to repair is above a threshold (say 1/2 the current value, but it can vary depending on other conditions like air bags deployed). If it wasn't totaled, then the owner could have taken the settlement (knowing it wasn't enough) and pocketed the cash. It can turn on you. My daughter had hail damage to her car but didn't get the repairs (took at as a "diminished value".) Insurance company asked for evidence of repair and since there wasn't any dropped her... It was the AAA company.
Total loss is usually 70% of value. But that is not always the case either and esp when dealing with cars of these values. This car when wrecked would of been a total loss cause they were not worth what they are now and would of been well over 150k to fix it.

I've never heard of an insurance company asking to see if a repair has been done in my 30 years of working in the industry.. Even if she did not do the repair it could be noted that the car was un-fixed for future claims.

Reactions: dshears

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've never heard of an insurance company asking to see if a repair has been done in my 30 years of working in the industry.. Even if she did not do the repair it could be noted that the car was un-fixed for future claims.

That's what I thought too, it was how one of my claims was handled... Her car wasn't worth arguing the point - as I recall the claim was probably more than it was really worth and hail damage is mega body work. It was her only car so we made sure she had full coverage and they probably didn't like that much.

This was Colorado where entire new car lots have been destroyed. I was always very careful not to take the GT out if monsoon storms were forecast and always made a bee line home if it looked like a storm was building up. I got caught after a car show in my Cobra once. Fortunately I had a carbon fiber car, not aluminum, and it didn't have any damage although I got bloody ears from being hit by hail (I had a baseball cap on). There was no place to pull over until nearly the end of the storm. The front passenger side had about 4" of golf ball sized hail on the seat and floor.

Reactions: viva gt

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Ernie also has a Blue 05 w salvage title for $399.
Someone mentioned no-stories cars could be had for $335 or less. I have not seen proof of that lately. The Tungsten car he has for sale will probably sell if he has some wiggle room.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Someone mentioned no-stories cars could be had for $335 or less. I have not seen proof of that lately.
That is not what was said. A non wrecked car can still have minor stories. It is up to the buyer to decide what his budget can buy and can he mitigate any stories a car might have. And yes they are out there for less than you would pay Ernie.

reiner

Dec 31, 2019
All parts needed were Replaced with ford parts. The GT has a CLEAN PENNSYLVANIA TITLE ONE OWNER. We are the worlds largest builder of ford GTs with 8 in Inventory currently only 2 for sale.
Where did you find Ford parts for a Pewter car?
He didn't say NEW Ford parts.