Dumb Question Number One

Mooney56

GT Owner
Jan 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
Ok, I am new here. I was going to take off the wheels to clean up the brake dust. I have the std wheels on the car with the center cap that covers the lugs. I assume the cap just pops off but before I put a screwdriver behind it I wanted to know if there was any trick. Anyone care to share?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Do a search. There's a thread about the best way to push and turn. Don't use a screwdriver.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The center cap the says "ford GT" screws off. You have to push it in while you unscrew it

Mooney56

GT Owner
Jan 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
Good thing that I asked. It was easy. Thanks.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ok, I am new here....

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Now your getting the "hang of it", I told you you wouldn't leave it alone in the garage. Look what I started. Enjoy your new purchase, they are a BLAST to. Tomy Hamon

Mooney56

GT Owner
Jan 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
Tomy, I just wish you still have the Ford dealership because I feel a lot of parts coming.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mooney, I still have a mechanic that works on my GT at my old dealership. Tomy

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome to The GT family.. If you're friends with Tomy you're in good hands !! He can show you the ropes, Support the Forum and come to a rally, you won't regret it..

Casper

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2006
Great Falls, MT
I have the stock wheels too. There is a "gripper pad" you can buy at the Dollar Store that works perfect. It is found in the
kitchen section, kind of like some hot pad holder. It is made out of a rubber type material. Works perfect. You can push it up against
the Chrome cover & rotate it , no problem. I keep one behind my drivers seat, in the storage bag.