Dry bag size to fit on chassis inside rear clam

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
As per the title...I am touring France in June with my wife, enroute to Classic LeMans and every bit of luggage capacity will be useful.
I have read that some people put a dry bag in the area where a transmission cooler could be sited (mine does not have one) inside the rear clam. It's going to get wet if it rains. I have seen sailing dry bags online but have no idea of the capacity to order. They seem to be 5 litres through to about 30L. Has anyone bought one of these before please, and if so what size is best.

Thanks.

Reactions: 69b302

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I would be concerned about the impact of heat in that crevice . You have the dry sump oil bottle within inches of that area. The times I have opened the clamshell that area was scary hot.

Tomcat

GT Owner
When my wife and I travel with the GT...we just put everything in her car :)

Reactions: 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
When my wife and I travel with the GT...we just put everything in her car :)

LOL!

Reactions: PeteK

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I have stored stuff in that cubby hole on road trips, and I can assure you it will get wet, so using a dry bag is a good idea.

Reactions: Dudlow

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I sent to you a Private Message.
Best regards.

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
PM replied to. Thanks.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Ski boot bags behind each seat, a small carryall under the passenger’s knees, and fill the frunk using squishy clothes stuffed into plastic bags. You can carry an amazing amount of stuff like this; we’ve toured all over the US and Europe in our ‘06 and never felt short of clothes

Reactions: Dudlow