door sensor light goes on and off!!

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
After she sits for awhile the door sensor indictor light goes on and off. It`s a pain to go to ford for a quick fix. and does anyone know where it is located. any help would be great. thanks Mike

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Don't forget that EVERY body panel that opens on the Ford GT is connected to the door ajar light. Yes, that means the engine cover and the cargo cover.

Like many owners, I've spent several minutes slamming and re-slamming the side doors before realizing the front or rear hatch was not fully seated down.

My advice, make sure the cargo and engine covers are fully shut. Both have to be closed with a healthy push. I hate to use the word "slam" but when I close my engine cover I'm pushing pretty hard and I always push right up until it hits the latches (no letting off early and expecting momentum to finish the job). For the cargo cover I usually just let it drop from about a foot above the latch and that does the trick. I can guarantee you this -- if you're babying either panel they won't be fully closed.

In the past I've had the door ajar light show "all secure" when first driving away (after shutting everything) and then it comes on a few, or even several, miles later. But it never happens now that I follow the above shutting procedures.

Hope this is your problem. Hard for me to believe there's an actual "malfunction" involved here.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
door ajar

Does this mean I can run my battery down when I leave the clamshell open at night to let the engine cool?
AJB

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Does this mean I can run my battery down when I leave the clamshell open at night to let the engine cool?
AJB
I don't think so, but your door open light can be caused by a low voltage battery situation. Charge it with a trickle charger and clear the fault codes with a OBD II scanner and the problem most likely will disappear assuming all your doors and bonnets are shut. Hope this helps - lots of old posts on this topic also!