Door Panel Insert Opinions

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Spoke with ExotiCare about a door panel insert other than diamond pattern with silver stitching. Asked if they could do a door panel insert in black alcantara suede with pattern per door handle shape. See attached photos and curious to get opinions. Excuse my poor Photoshop skills. My current favorite is the first picture with black vertical stitching the width of the silver door handle and the FORD GT in silver stitching.

Attachments

• 01 copy.jpg
    01 copy.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 181
  • 02 copy.jpg
    02 copy.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 179
  • final op.jpg
    final op.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Hate to say it but don't think any of them really add to the look of the interior.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yes, they have not grown on me and I am on the fence tilting either way. Thinking possibly to match door panel skin material with no vertical stitching and "FORD GT" silver stitching in center.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Hate to say it but don't think any of them really add to the look of the interior.
+1.

I haven't seen any interior "dress up" items that look better than OEM.

Now, if someone made a storage pocket (like the seat pockets) for the doors, I'd be all over it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I got to say that your idea for a storage pocket in the door panel sounds like a great idea. Every time I go for drive have to reach over to the passenger side storage pocket. If I did not have long arms would not be able to reach. Will mull over your idea to see what I can come up with. Must find a way to attach with out modification to door panel.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You guys do know you have a storage pocket on the front of your lower seat cushion?