"Donate" your stock Muffler?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
OK, I think this is likely a long shot, but I'll give it a try. Several owners here have already "upgraded" their exhaust to a Borla (most popular) or similar. For those that have done so, is anyone interested to "donate" their stock muffler to me in the name of science? I have a few connections in the exhaust industry and there's some interest to reverse engineer from Ford's original design. This reverse engineering will likely be invasive, so you wouldn't get the muffler back. If there's any volunteers, please PM me. Of course, I'll pay shipping, and if anything became of the experiment, you'd be taken care of. (No promises.) Thanks.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
if they are designing a new muffler, have them do one in Titanium as the only performance benifit seems to be weight reduction and of course sound.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
nota4re said:
OK, I think this is likely a long shot, but I'll give it a try. Several owners here have already "upgraded" their exhaust to a Borla (most popular) or similar. For those that have done so, is anyone interested to "donate" their stock muffler to me in the name of science? I have a few connections in the exhaust industry and there's some interest to reverse engineer from Ford's original design. This reverse engineering will likely be invasive, so you wouldn't get the muffler back. If there's any volunteers, please PM me. Of course, I'll pay shipping, and if anything became of the experiment, you'd be taken care of. (No promises.) Thanks.

I wish I could have helped you. Mine is already in the Palm Beach County landfill.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I have a nice low mile muffler...

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol I have 2 sitting in my dealer right now as we speak that we are about to toss unless they get picked up. They make great paperweights