Does Bumper Delete have the same exit hole as with bumper on?

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
Pictures huh? I hear ya.

Better pics, and video to follow

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Too dark and black, cannot see the pipes.

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
A link to the exhaust that I purchased used from a forum member.
THERMAL R&D X-PIPE
https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/05-06-fgt-thermal-r-d-x-pipe-sold.36350/

Pros - sounds excellent
Cons - I am going to fabricate a custom bracket to secure to either frame rails or the trans as first pass it doesn't look like I can use the bracket for the OEM exhaust.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I’m running that bumper delete kit with the Bob Ida exhaust. Left tips long for a retro look. The black two hole exhaust bezel had to be trimmed a bit.
View attachment 57465

That looks righteous!
Makes one what to climb to the top of a mountain and yodel 🧗‍♂️

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Half right ;) The OEM tips are not removable. The tips that CDC sells will, however, work with the Ford Racing/Borla exhaust as those tips are removable. So this is the only exhaust that can be used with the Bumper (as provided) or with an RBD kit - with the optional CDC tips.
Mine was done by Cooltech about 10 years ago.

Attachments

• GT Back.jpg
    GT Back.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 15

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
If you trimmed your exhaust bezel and would like to have a stock one, Dearborn Performance has them on sale for $99.00. Other places are selling them for around $250. Crazy price for molded plastic. The second link to the part might not work.

Last edited:

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
If you trimmed your exhaust bezel and would like to have a stock one, Dearborn Performance has them on sale for $99.00. Other places are selling them for around $250. Crazy price for molded plastic. The second link to the part might not work.

I luckily did not have to trim my exhaust bezel, but thanks for the link.. That price is so good it it tempting me to buy one for the "Just in Case".