Diesel & Delilah are 14 month old German Shepherds

H

HHGT

I ended up getting my German Shepherds from a local K9 breeder not open to the public - they cost a pretty penny but worth it. They have been going to professional training every 3 months for 2 weeks at a time and daily 15 minutes here at home. Next week they start their off-leash training and then on to security training. They go on a 4 mile walk once a week and drives in the back of the truck twice a week. My younger son Nick who is 11 adores the dogs and my older son Matt 14 could care less about the them - go figure. Diesel is eager to please and Delilah is a female, man is she stubborn.

I never realized the dedication it took to train 2 puppies simultaneously and they are wearing me thin, but worth every minute. The love and respect they give me is unreal - It feels like I'm the only reason for their existence.

Diesel & Delilah are brother & sister. Obedient, loving, protecting, extremely well behaved and have been exposed to everything from heights, loud noises, flashing lights, cars etc. They are very social with other animals until provoked. Did I mention they keep a 3 foot buffer away from all my cars.

Nick asked me to make a Desktop Screen Background image for him so I'm sharing it with you guys. Diesel is the darker Black & Red. He weighed in at 100 Lbs and she weighed in at 76 Lbs but she can put him in his place real quick.

Post up pictures of your dogs guys.....

Attachments

• D&D.jpg
    D&D.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 113

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Sorry Sam, but I can't make out the difference between the two. Anyhow they are fine looking! My wife just picked up a Collie puppy from a breeder in MN.. Well be bringing Jackson back home with us at the end of the month. I have no photo's yet. Even though Jackson won't be a great guard dog, if my kids fall down the well we're covered. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'BEAUTIFUL animals!!!

Uhhhhhhhh..which WING of you palace do they occupy? :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Did you buy Lassie or something?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Nice post Sam..great pics

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Nice post Sam..great pics
Sam is the second coming of Ansel Adams. I see a bright future for this youngster!

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
Two at the same time? I can only imagine. We imported a 2yr old GSD who is now 4, his life, with our consistency, seems to revolve around pleasing us and protecting the children.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Did you buy Lassie or something?
About 15 years ago we did have one of the Lassie's offspring. He was a fantastic animal, but died of cancer at about 5 yrs. old. We've had other dogs since then which perished from one ailment or another.
This one is not related, but we have high hopes!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
working dogs seem to be a bit more stubborn but once you get them inside "the box" they are the most wonderful dogs. Zephyr has been with me for a bit more than a year now and frankly I would not know how to function without him. He's loyal, protective, affectionate, intelligent, and frankly does not have a mean bone in his body. We went through bite training with me in the pads .. the force he exerts is incredible! weighs in at 86 lbs and frankly had no problem dropping my 210 to the floor. but the interesting thing is that to him .. its a game. change a collar and he's a totally different dog.

I'll never have anything but a working dog again. PERIOD.

Sam your dogs are gorgeous. congrats and welcome to the pack. lol

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
frankly had no problem dropping my 210 to the floor.
If he drops you down the well give me a call. :rofl

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Here's a working dog that I have been considering. What do you guys think??

Attachments

• pit bulls for pussys.jpg
    pit bulls for pussys.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 25

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Here's a working dog that I have been considering. What do you guys think??

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy