Delivery in Europe.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I have just received the new delivery date of my Ford GT : 1st September 2018 / 1st November 2018, which represents a 10 month lag !!!

For my car, the new end date of construction is estimated to 17 July 2018 / 31 August 2018, and the new delivery date, to 31 August / 30 October 2018.

The delay between manufacture and delivery in France, seems to me to be underestimated and worries me.
Here's why :

- According to the information collected last year from the few European buyers with whom I am in contact, it seems that all shipments to Europe are grouped, which would make sense.

- Ford not communicating on the destination of cars, I tried to estimate the number of cars destined for European buyers. On the first series of 500, my estimate is about thirty cars for this Continent.

To deliver in Europe, Ford will :

- Having manufactured the thirty cars in question.
- Wait until the last one of the group is finished.
- Place all cars in particularly efficient containers.
- Transport these containers by road, then by sea, then again by road to the European country of destination.
- Carry out the different registration formalities in each country.
Etc ...

It takes a lot of time, and I'm afraid the timeframe is inadequate.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

For the 2018 FORD GT DAYS, early July at the «*Le Mans Classic*», I chose the theme of the* «*First meeting of the new Ford GT in Europe*». It missed !
I have to change my plans and I am very disappointed.

Best regards from France.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ask them to air ship it to you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
yes. Air freight is only 15-20k.. I would be talking to someone about that. I know tons of people who air freight cars to kwait etc for drag racing..
Typical overseas cargo freight is 3-5k. one would think you could ask to have your car shipped as soon as it would be done on your dime if you didn't like fords delivery process.

Last but not least. IMO you are getting a car, i'd be as thankful as you could that you are even getting a car, even if you didn't get it till 2020...

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
yes. Air freight is only 15-20k.. I would be talking to someone about that. I know tons of people who air freight cars to kwait etc for drag racing..
Typical overseas cargo freight is 3-5k. one would think you could ask to have your car shipped as soon as it would be done on your dime if you didn't like fords delivery process.

Last but not least. IMO you are getting a car, i'd be as thankful as you could that you are even getting a car, even if you didn't get it till 2020...

Your reaction to my message is very surprising !

My personal patience is not the subject, and it does not need to receive a lesson.
You should have understood that far beyond me, I was concerned about all the Ford GTs that will be delivered to passionate Europeans ...

The climate being what it is in Europe, a problem and therefore a further delay, could bring the cars in a period of cold and possibly salty roads, which Ford rightly wants to avoid.

I do not think I can be criticized for drawing attention to possible problems. This seems to me rather constructive and I think no one should be upset.