deciding which to buy

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I knew i should of got a new Heritage last year! Think any new ones are left....sorry to hijack this...but the talk of buying makes me irrational

M

Mark O

Here's how to spruce up a salvaged GT that's now on greedbay..............

e2a3_3.JPG

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
i like feedback on what one will be collectable over another, milage rare color,ect....color is not as important i like them all

Definitely the '05 silver or the '05 red. Both are reasonably low mileage and at good prices. Silver is a scarce color and red is always a popular, respected and desirable sports car color.

Bony mentions 4038 built, which got me thinking....350 left the US I think. Probably another 200 or more will be GTX1's ( I heard Genaddi is hoping for 600...). How many wrecked so far....dozens? hundreds?

Maybe around 3000 GT's in the US with no wreck history? What do you guys think?

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
Definitely the '05 silver or the '05 red. Both are reasonably low mileage and at good prices. Silver is a scarce color and red is always a popular, respected and desirable sports car color.

Bony mentions 4038 built, which got me thinking....350 left the US I think. Probably another 200 or more will be GTX1's ( I heard Genaddi is hoping for 600...). How many wrecked so far....dozens? hundreds?

Maybe around 3000 GT's in the US with no wreck history? What do you guys think?

I agree. I doubt there are more than 3000 left at this time and the numbers will continue to deminish over the years. Say what you want Bony, but this will be a collector car that IMHO will continue to increase in value.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY

e2a3_3.JPG
You know you are getting old when you look at this picture and you think of the scratches she must be putting into the paint. I have GOT to stop thinking that way.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
You know you are getting old when you look at this picture and you think of the scratches she must be putting into the paint. I have GOT to stop thinking that way.

...... it appears that only her arm and finely toned fanny are touching the car.....and that would be welcome any day!!

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
White's the way to go. It's a scientific fact that they're invisible to radar, laser and police flyovers. Amazing actually.
:)

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Rare is rare for a reason in some cases.

Popular seams to stay popular.

But in the case of these cars I believe the dealers ordered the assortment for the majority of them. So it was what the dealer saw in the order guide that sparked their interest. Most dealers never saw the cars in person in all the colors to pick them.

Yellow, Silver, Heritage and Black are the rare colors if you lean that direction.

Like one poster said the Silver does look better than the numbers suggest. It's seams like order placers were turned off by black stripes on the cars, making Yellow and Silver the rare colors.

Red, Tungsten, White and Blue are the most popular

If I could only have two....White and Heritage, give me a third and it would take me forever to decide. There really is not a bad color in the bunch. You really have to see them all in person and spotless to decide. Some colors do not photo all that well but are striking in person and under different lighting.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Oh and one more consideration is the warranty start date on the cars.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
IMG_7438.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

e2a3_3.JPG

Help me out here, I am off to the eye doctor this morning. I don't see any car in that picture... just the young lady.:lol

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
buy the car and color you want.

If it's got a Borla, be sure you get the original exhaust too.

Yellow and silver are both more rare than others, but that may not matter in the future. Heritage isn't all that rare, but it is special edition, again, may not matter.

Do you want something flashy, like Yellow or Heritage, or something less flashy like silver?

If you plan to drive it, current miles don't matter so much, as long as you get a proper discount.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Bony: Thank GOD! You too? I thought I was blind also!!!! Can someone please point out the car in the above post. This is really annoying. :willy

:lol

I think I going to save that picture for my screen saver!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Help me out here, I am off to the eye doctor this morning. I don't see any car in that picture... just the young lady.:lol

Oh yeah...... just try and tell me red with white isn't the fastest color.:eek

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Randy,

Are you pointing out that you are the 'Black Sheep' of the family?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Yup: There it is the Red one in the back giving a head start to the white ones and black one!!!:lol:eek

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
my $.02

On topic, I'd pick the silver. Silver is the rarest and most under-appreciated color, and it's the best deal of this lot. Good luck to the original poster.

Like one poster said the Silver does look better than the numbers suggest. It's seams like order placers were turned off by black stripes on the cars, making Yellow and Silver the rare colors.

As an owner of a quick silver/black GT I might be a little biased, but I couldn't be happier with the decision to buy my gal. When I was looking I would have preferred a blue/white GT. I wasn't even considering silver, but I think that was due to not having seen a silver GT. A big part of my decision to buy the car was the options and, to be honest, the price.

The car looks phenomenal in pictures but even better in person.

If you haven't seen a quick silver car, you should try to see one in person. You're always welcome to take a look at mine. Good luck in your search.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Oh yeah...... just try and tell me red with white isn't the fastest color.:eek

Okay. Red with white isn't the fastest color(s). :lol

(Ev'buddy knows blue/white is ennyway. :biggrin)

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Kinda funny how that works. :lol My preference was white w/blue stripes. The white was next to a red w/white and the red blew me away and I'm not normally a "red" person.

I love all the other colors, hard to choose but very happy with red and don't think I'd change.

I'd certainly take another in any color. I'm not picky. :banana

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
When I was looking for my GT I was leaning on red or blue.

Then a 05 silver came up with the 3 options I wanted (+ the Mac).

The price was right. I bought it unseen.

I could not be happier.

I have just come back from Roush UK where I had the car converted to Euro specs and they had a white, a black and yellow GT.

Seeing all of them close I think that the lighter metallic color of the silver brings out the sexy lines of the GT best.

If I could have one to my liking I would also consider a black with no stripes and black anodized wheels.

In terms of rarity the fact that they made less silver and yellow cars might not be a good thing. As stated above it could be that those were less popular colors hence more difficult to sell.

Good luck with your choice!

PS
If you like them all buy the cheapest one. Between 2 with the same price buy the one with the lowest mileage.