Dealer Service in Massachusetts…

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
I just got a red ’05 from Waltham Ford and was wondering if any other MA owners have had luck with any of the dealerships for servicing their car. The few dealers that I spoke with while shopping (including Waltham) had not touched one yet. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

thanks

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I live out on cape cod.

Have not got mine home yet but,let me know please.
Thanks, Crayne.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mine came from Janell in Hanover, Mine is the only one they sold so far (that I know of), but I did meet their GT certified tech, and he was a car guy, and seemed to be VERY respectful of the car. If I need service I will go back to them, geography is also a big factor for me.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
05 redrich,

I'm moving back to Boston this summer after seven years in Europe and bringing my red '05 (Euro spec.) back with me. I'm very interested in hearing about a dealer who can service the car. If you have any luck please let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
European prices

Very expensive! Shipping + insurance + 26% tax... Currently they go for about $US 250-270k! :ack

So for us, we would like the have (only) your MSRP problems :rofl

I know, I just ordered one. Painful but hopefully worth it! My car (VIN#0367 Tungsten grey) is currently crusing on the boat to good old Germany :wink
Will pick it up in 3 weeks - hopefully in good shape!
Desi

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Centerpunch,

You’re right and thanks for the suggestion. I’ve thought about this a lot. I could probably sell the car in $225K here in the UK and I should be able to buy one back in the U.S. for about $50K less. Ironically my wife won’t let me sell it. She says this is MY car and since I was lucky enough to get one of only twenty-eight cars in the UK it would be bad karma to sell it. I must say after considering this I agree with her. I don't think I'll ever sell the car so the actual purchase price doesn't matter that much. Even if I do decide to sell it in future I could always ship it back to the UK and sell it as one of 28 rather than one of 4,000 in the U.S.. On top of all this I’ve already built-up some great memories in the car and I am making plans to drive it all over Europe this summer before we return. Overall it’s been a decision made with our hearts and not our heads… and I don’t ever cross my wife when she makes such sound suggestions!

Rob

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Specracer#2 from janell is mine.

We talked a time ago. i told you we have the same car but mine was comming
from ct to cape cod. well i told them i would pick up the car march 26.they want me to get it the first or 2. The salesman i was dealing with is not working there anymore. I gave them 15,000 to hold it,Now the owner wont give me my money back,We did not have any contract I just sent them a cashiers check which i have a receipt.Is there a # i can report them to ford
what can i do? Im lucky i got the same car i wanted on hold at janell.Its not like im trying not to buy a ford it would be my first ford buying experience,Im sure someone at ford can help me? Ive have had 4 vipers and still have two.
I realy want this car.Does any one have any suggestions for me.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
Gierkink, good luck on your move back and if a good service place is found I will post it here.

Specracer, let us know if you do any work with Hanover. I thought about getting the
car they had but decided on a red one instead. I figured why not be a total cliché for my first sports car and go with red (plus I really like the look).

If anyone else has any feedback on MA service shops, do let us know.

thanks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Will do, but we have to get rid of thes damn weather just to be able to drive the cars to put miles on them to need service........

Andy

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
I got mine last monday (Feb. 20th) and have managed to put 300 miles on it already. Going to get some milk has never been so fun.

VIN1591

GT Owner
Oct 27, 2005
Easton, MA
I found a mechanic at Fall River Ford that has been trained on the GT. He is a real enthusiast. He owns a Lightning that he races. I plan on bringing my GT to him as soon as winter ends. His name is Mike Marcella and he comes highly recommended.