Dealer experiences in the VA/DC/MD area...& any no Mac's?

chiliman

Sep 24, 2005
I'm getting closer to a point where I think I'll be purchasing.

What dealers out there in the DC metro area have been good to deal with? Which have been a pain? I don't mind traveling a day or so out of the way but going local sure would be nice.

Also, anyone have a line on any without the Mac stereo? I can't decide between Midnight Blue or Red but one without the sub would make that decision easier. I remember a few posts of people who have taken the sub out. Are any of you running the Macintosh without the sub? How's it sound? How much did getting the replacement center console installed cost?

Thanks,
Randy

chiliman

Sep 24, 2005
White Petunia said:
Start here:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555

The for sale section has posts about locating GTs or finding dealers with allocations. www.fordgtprices.com is an excellent reference :thumbsup

Thanks. That thread was helpful.

For those in the DC area: Battlefield Ford in Manassas just listed a loaded red one on Ebay. Price is at $500...jump on it! Ha!

Made an offer at Cowles in Woodbridge for MSRP for a Blue w/Mac stereo unfortunately. I'm not really looking to buy right now but if they agreed on it I would be hard pressed to pass it up just because I'm 6 months out from when I wanted to buy.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I live in NoVa, had no luck dealing around here. That's not to say I don't keep track of the local inventory however. I've seen the blue/white stripe/Mac car at Cowles and I will say the GM there (Brian Geist) is decent and seemed realistic about his car. They had a white/blue stripe that they sold to a West Coast exotics dealer for about $10K over, but that was several months ago. Jerry's in Leesburg has a red/white stripe/Mac car which they acquired from a St. Louis dealer, has a few miles on it from Wixom testing and their GM playing. Sheehy in Frederick, MD has two, a black/no stripes/no Mac and a yellow/black stripes/Mac, not sure about what they'd take but their cars are pristine. I'll keep an eye out for what you said you want and if I see anthing I can PM you. Have fun as you search! :cheers

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
spoke with Sheey Ford on Friday. Before i drove down i was told cars were for sale at MSRP. That changed when i got there. They ment sticker.......their sticker...over 200K

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
FrankBarba said:
spoke with Sheey Ford on Friday. Before i drove down i was told cars were for sale at MSRP. That changed when i got there. They ment sticker.......their sticker...over 200K

Of course they can ask what they want, it's a free country. But it would be nice if there were less :bs and more honesty. Rat bastards and lying SOBs! :frown

chiliman

Sep 24, 2005
FrankBarba said:

Wow, that sucks! I spoke with someone at Cowles and asked them if they are looking for MSRP or if they are still out of touch with reality. They guy chuckled and didn't really give me an answer so I knew what they were looking for. It's only 20 minutes from my house so I popped on down...and damn the blue looks great in person.

I'm stopping by Battlefield in Manassas today and will let everyone know what thier opening numbers are like

Randy

chiliman

Sep 24, 2005
FYI,

Battlefield Ford in Manassas immedaitely took and wrote up a contract at sticker. Called Cowles and gave it one more try since I prefer the blue but they still were unwilling to come down after calling them from the other dealers showroom with an agreement in hand.

Now my real problems begin, getting insurance with a 16 month old reckless. I've been on the phone for 2 hours and it's not looking too good. Might be for the best...I really prefer the blue.