DBK makes an Irishman very happy

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
Very happy you guys enjoyed Paddy's feature. He certainly captures the magic of this car, even in fading daylight.
Paddy first became known to me through his membership of a motoring enthusiast forum I am involved in running in Ireland, where he would post his photography and writings. It became apparent very quickly how talented he was at photographing cars, and his writing style is very relaxed, and he always manages to convey his feelings and excitement in a very natural and down to earth way. A few years ago he took up the position of chief editor with the Speedhunters site, and it has surely benefited from his skill and contribution. He now travels widely pursuing his passion, and I am glad for him, as Ireland is not such a great country to own any kind of performance or exotic car, and they are few in number here.
I must say I am both delighted and envious that he has managed to get a ride in the NFGT, as someone who didn't make the cut with Ford. I was blown away when I first set eyes on the car, at the invite of Ford to their enclosure in Goodwood a few years ago. Still holding out in hope here that I may be lucky enough to bring one of these amazing machines to our little country.
Again thanks to DBK for his gracious approach to sharing the magic of this bewitching machine.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Are any GTs presently going to Ireland?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Really enjoyed that. DBK is the ultimate host. But we already knew that.

Vince H

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
Are any GTs presently going to Ireland?
Not that I know of. There were press reports that 6 people had applied to buy one, but that may have just been internet trash. I am the only one that I know of to submit an application.