Cyber Monday Sale - BBS FI-R Wheels

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Like me, I'm sure many of you have seen the BBS FI-R wheels on Shmee's car as well as a couple of other GT's here on the forum i.e. [U]D06GT19GT[/U] in the thread (https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/daydreaming-thinking-about-gold-rims.36316/#post-496129). These wheels look great and from a technical standpoint are an identical fit to the OEM Standard or Carbon wheels. Well, I did a little digging to discover that a small company in Temecula, CA (InoKinetic) is the exclusive supplier of this wheel for new Ford GT's. They currently have a Cyber Monday special in which you can get a set of wheels for $8450. They have agreed to extend this offer through Dec 8th and throw in free shipping in the 48 contiguous States only (HI, AK & Canada are extra) for Ford GT Forum members only. All you have to do is enter GTCYBER as the promo code and the free shipping will be included. This is quite the discount on a really nice set of replacement wheels that look good and can help protect your expensive Carbon or Standard wheels not to mention the almost identical weight savings as the Carbon wheels. Supplies are limited and this sale is only good through 12/8/19. Act Fast.

After 12/8/19, the price will go back up to retail price on their site of $13,000.

For more information, please visit their site:

Don't forget to enter the promo code: GTCYBER to receive your Free Shipping.

Attachments

• BBS FI-R.3.JPG
    BBS FI-R.3.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 62
  • BBS FI-R.1.JPG
    BBS FI-R.1.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 65
  • BBS FI-R.2.JPG
    BBS FI-R.2.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow!!!! I see center caps are included, but what about tire pressure monitors and stems with caps?

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I can ask but I think you would have to purchase those from your installer.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Shinoo is a good guy and works hard to bring great stuff to the car community. We have used his products for years in the Lotus world. (y)

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Wow!!!! I see center caps are included, but what about tire pressure monitors and stems with caps?
The TPMS's can be sourced for an additional cost.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Gorgeous! Now I just have to find a color match of a GT color that works well with those beautiful Gold BBS Wheels.

Last edited:

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
Here's a close up shot. Note how the spokes are machined through the sides of the spokes! This reduces the mass yet still allows them to be stiffer than the stock wheels (that BBS produce). BBS are the only company that can machine wheels in this manner.

Reactions: Ed Sims and SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the close up photo, wow, that color looks amazing also...Tough choices!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Next question, will the original GT center caps fit these? I presume so.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I went to the InoKinetic Shop today to personally look at the wheels. They are more impressive in person than they are in photos. The detail and finish amazing. And...... Shinoo is a class act. A real car guy with some very impressive work happening in his shop. Now I just have to decide which color for K245. The finish on the Lemans Gray is very nice and versatile and the gold is something to marvel at. The silver is not bad either because it is not a super bright silver like the '05/06's. The angles give it more depth. Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: Ed Sims

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I did ask. They don't come with TPMS's but they can source those for you.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Next question, will the original GT center caps fit these? I presume so.
These are an exact replacement fit so I think it safe to assume the original center caps would work fit these wheels.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
These are an exact replacement fit so I think it safe to assume the original center caps would work fit these wheels.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I did check. The original GT center caps won’t fit on the BBS Wheels. Thanks

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I did check. The original GT center caps won’t fit on the BBS Wheels. Thanks
what's the diameter of the cap? I might have a GT over lay

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Would these fit an '06?

If not directly, what issues would you have to address/overcome?

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
what's the diameter of the cap? I might have a GT over lay
The BBS Center caps are 58mm or 2.28”. See photos attached. The BBS center caps are pretty nice.

Attachments

• 56DDA51A-E719-4686-8F87-27915B3BDCBC.jpeg
    56DDA51A-E719-4686-8F87-27915B3BDCBC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • ABAC97E7-D32A-431C-9D29-87D78FF15FA8.jpeg
    ABAC97E7-D32A-431C-9D29-87D78FF15FA8.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 6

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Would these fit an '06?

If not directly, what issues would you have to address/overcome?
No, these won’t fit on the ‘05/‘06 GT’s. These are exclusive to the new GT. Trying to find out if spacers will work for ‘05/06.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I went to the InoKinetic Shop today to personally look at the wheels. They are more impressive in person than they are in photos. The detail and finish amazing. And...... Shinoo is a class act. A real car guy with some very impressive work happening in his shop. Now I just have to decide which color for K245. The finish on the Lemans Gray is very nice and versatile and the gold is something to marvel at. The silver is not bad either because it is not a super bright silver like the '05/06's. The angles give it more depth. Decisions, decisions.

So custom colors are not doable I presume?

Reactions: Ed Sims

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
So custom colors are not doable I presume?
They only have the 3 colors in stock at the moment however, I’m sure they can be powder coated for a nominal fee.