Custom clamshell vents!!!!!! Phase 1 of 2

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
:cheers pe2unia, those vents are incredible. I thought they were "nice" until I say the picture on your tints thread. They're truly a work of art!!

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
How do we order? I want a set, they look great polished.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How do we order? I want a set, they look great polished.

Send me a PM and I will put you on the list to go out next week.:thumbsup

KDO GT

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2008
Hollywood MD
Pick up my custom claim shell vents today and all I have to say is O MY GOD:biggrin I can't wait to put them on the car. But I can't yet, still have FGT tore down for winter project. Will post pictures when complete.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Update

Well the production is complete on phase one of the custom clam shell vents and the shipping process is underway so by mid to late next week we should get a number of people post their thoughts once they receive them. I have a few set aside for folks that have already spoken for them and if anyone else would like a set please PM me (they are going quick). The side vents (phase 2) are nearly complete and within the next week or two I will post pictures with my project complete. I have asked my machinist to make a batch of our custom side vents to match the top vents as well as a batch of OEM vents for anyone that wants to keep the stock look. More updates to come soon :thumbsup

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
got my order in to John today. cant wight to see them!:biggrin

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hi John, I am pleased to see that you will be unveiling pictures of phase 2 in a while. I know I told you I would pass on the phase 1 for now, but seeing phase 2 might convince me to change my mind. Are they easy to switch out?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hi John, I am pleased to see that you will be unveiling pictures of phase 2 in a while. I know I told you I would pass on the phase 1 for now, but seeing phase 2 might convince me to change my mind. Are they easy to switch out?

Triheart7,
Very Very simple! It should be done with someone holding it in place until you have one or two bolts started but just a matter of taking off the 6 nuts from the original ones and screwing in 6 bolts for the new ones (15 min). I did put a piece of black vinyl under the vent to bring out the vent as I thought having the silver under the vent didn't look as good. Also, I put a dab of blue lock-tight on each bolt just for safe keeping but you will not need to worry about the bolts backing out like the originals as the originals were plastic and a fear of cracking them if over tightened.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
:thumbsup Thanks.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I had my rear clam shell window tinted before I installed the Whipple so now with the installation complete I removed the film to showcase the polished Whipple along with the matching billet vents.:eek

Attachments

• IMG_4572.jpg
    IMG_4572.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_4571.jpg
    IMG_4571.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 294

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
looks great John, nice work!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Wow, that does look good with the matching polished Whipple!!!

KDO GT

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2008
Hollywood MD
The most smallest details, makes a world of deference. John it does't get any better than that. First class as always.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks guys:cheers Yes it is very rewarding:thumbsup

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Got mine, there a work of art. thanks John for getting these done for us. look forward to seeing the sides as well.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Got mine, there a work of art. thanks John for getting these done for us. look forward to seeing the sides as well.

Yes, I agree A WORK OF ART pictures don't do them justice. I am glad you are pleased:cheers

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Billet Art......

I received my vents today,,,,Wow,, first class stuff....can hardleywait for the side vents.......I think i'll go with the blue chrome on the top vents,,GO BLU

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
I received mine today, awesome quality! :thumbsup
Job well done!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I would really like to see pictures if anyone paints or anodizes them. For those who have red calipers I think the red anodized would be the bomb!! Hint Hint Enjoy:cheers

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Got mine today, love them! They're going on my Tungsten (no stripe) asap. Gorgeous. Wife asked what they were, said "GT Jewelery". Bling bling baby