Current original FGT owners get first rights on new GT!

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Why does the mfr care if cars are flipped and sell over sticker? To me, it seems positive for the brand to have a frenzy of over sticker trades. Certainly the dealers love it. How many cars/trucks do they have to sell to profit 200k (what my local dealer just quoted me over sticker for his GT, if he gets one)?

Interestingly, the most powerful, sophisticated and talented marketers of them all, Ferrari, does not allow new cars to be sold over sticker and frowns upon flippers. I never understood that.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Interestingly, the most powerful, sophisticated and talented marketers of them all, Ferrari, does not allow new cars to be sold over sticker and frowns upon flippers. I never understood that.

Maybe they understand that most, even in their clientele, hate it. It kills brand loyalty.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
ford should send a letter out to every original buyer asking them if they would like to purchase the new gt at msrp to which if the answer is yes they will match you up with a dealer that will get an allocation for the car.......... I can dream.....

extra points if you have attended at least 3 rallys

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
No, Hubbell

Back then we did switches, cables, plugs, & light housings, not light bulbs

Today we do just about everything electrical

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Soroush. only extra points if attended ALL ten Rallys.

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
Why does the mfr care if cars are flipped and sell over sticker? To me, it seems positive for the brand to have a frenzy of over sticker trades. Certainly the dealers love it. How many cars/trucks do they have to sell to profit 200k (what my local dealer just quoted me over sticker for his GT, if he gets one)?

That's not Ferrari, it's Harley Davidson :lol

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Soroush. only extra points if attended ALL ten Rallys.

:biggrin

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Maybe they understand that most, even in their clientele, hate it. It kills brand loyalty.

I meant flipping. It seems to me the buzz of cars selling for 100 over gets people even more excited to have one and greatly elevates the brand.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
That's not Ferrari, it's Harley Davidson :lol

Also masterful at brand and margin management.