Clutch Release???

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
I still find my GT's late (almost at top of peddle travel) clutch engagement unusual. My other street units (ZO6 and Z8) are much quicker to the engagement point on their clutches, which I'm used to. The GT takes a few minutes of "re-learning" each time I take it out.
Unit seems to engage fully once it grabs and does not appear to slip. Clutch fluid is at proper level and not leaking.
Anyone else find their clutch release to be similar or do I need to get mine into a good dealer for a once-over? :confused
Thanks in advance.
StuM

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
???

Hello...??? :eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I still find my GT's late (almost at top of peddle travel) clutch engagement unusual. My other street units (ZO6 and Z8) are much quicker to the engagement point on their clutches, which I'm used to. The GT takes a few minutes of "re-learning" each time I take it out.
Unit seems to engage fully once it grabs and does not appear to slip. Clutch fluid is at proper level and not leaking.
Anyone else find their clutch release to be similar or do I need to get mine into a good dealer for a once-over? :confused
Thanks in advance.
StuM

My clutch travel is the same as on any other car I have driven with a properly adjusted clutch. Better have someone check it out Stu. Good luck.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
OK, Thanks

Thanks Bony. I'll get my local Ford guy to check it out. A nearby dealership owner also owns a GT, so I trust his lead tech's.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I agree with Bony. What has impressed me about the GT is how easy the clutch engages and the shifter moves...I'd have it checked out.

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
hey Stum

I have the same long release issue on my clutch. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this depressed pedal issue.