Classic auto transport question

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Just bought a '67 Mustang S-code fastback 4-speed in West Virginia, looking to get it shipped to me in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Especially this time of year, very few of the major auto shippers have cars going from that area to my area, so shipping can take many weeks. Wondering if anybody here knows of a reputable private auto hauler, possibly in the West Virginia area?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Congratulations sounds really cool and I love the fastback. Can you blame them for not wanting to come to S.D. in the winter!!:lol

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I just used this broker for my Scarab when reliable and passport were 6 weeks out. She was highly recommended by an individual with a 200+ car collection and I couldn’t have been happier. I’m sure she can help you out.
Joan Devaney
Eclipse Auto
317-999-8176cell
812-889-3542 office.

Last edited:

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Congrats Dakota !

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I just used this broker for me Scarab when reliable and passport were 6 weeks out. She was highly recommended by an individual with a 200+ car collection and I couldn’t have been happier. I’m sure she can help you out.
Joan Devaney
Eclipse Auto
317-999-8176cell
812-889-3542 office.

I just got off the phone with Joan, and she is working on it! Thank you so much for the contact. This forum is the best!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Thank you, John!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Congratulations sounds really cool and I love the fastback. Can you blame them for not wanting to come to S.D. in the winter!!:lol

Thanks! No, I surely don't blame them. :lol

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I just got off the phone with Joan, and she is working on it! Thank you so much for the contact. This forum is the best!

good deal. happy to help

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
newworldautotransport.com

I have used this company several times. Owners name is Steve. They usually can get to me pretty quick.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I just used this broker for my Scarab when reliable and passport were 6 weeks out. She was highly recommended by an individual with a 200+ car collection and I couldn’t have been happier. I’m sure she can help you out.
Joan Devaney
Eclipse Auto
317-999-8176cell
812-889-3542 office.

Would love to see pic of Scarab

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
newworldautotransport.com

I have used this company several times. Owners name is Steve. They usually can get to me pretty quick.

Thank you! He will be the next person I call, if the above doesn't work out. I appreciate the help.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Congrats Dakota !

+1 Hopefully pictures soon.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
A1E15733-2DA9-4557-94FE-9505A89ABF9A.jpg
Would love to see pic of Scarab

Not to divert this thread, but here’s a pic of my Scarab (recreation). I was invited to display it at this year’s San Diego international auto show. I love the Scarab and the racing story behind it. Very similar to the Ford GT40 race story.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Plan C: Try Go 2 Transport, good luck!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Plan C: Try Go 2 Transport, good luck!

Always good to have several choices! Thank you very much.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Many thanks to everybody who took the time to help me out! I did contact a few people, ALL of which were very helpful, but ultimately it was txviper's contact Steve at New World Auto Transport that was able to make things happen quickly. Surprising how fast people move when you mention Shawn's name.:lol Sure appreciate it, GT friend. Photos to come...

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
That’s great news. Glad you got it taken care of.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
That’s great news. Glad you got it taken care of.

Thank you for the help. I just love your scarab! Would love to see some more photos, including the engine and interior.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Thanks again to everybody for their assistance. Car arrived safely a while back; I kept forgetting to post the photos. Here are some:

Random new project pics and pinewood derby car by William Brunner, on Flickr

Reactions: Special K

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Wow, that really is beautiful. Fits perfect with your collection. Thanks for sharing.