Cigar Connoisseur's

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I haven't smoked cigars in years, but when I did, I would usually go the whole 9 yards just as I learned at the lounge in the Wash., DC Ritz Carlton..... Warmed brandy in a snifter to dip the tip enhancing the smooth draw.

And a nice Port.

The high backed chairs and oak panelled walls only added to the enjoyment

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
If you like mild cigars another brand you may want to try is Avo. I like their Avo Classic No. 5 Tubos. They usually run around $10 USD a pop but well worth it in my opinion. As others have said, if you don't mind spending a little more the Davidoff is hard to beat for a mild cigar.

Here is a link to Avo:

http://www.avo.com/avo/en/pub/cigars/classic_avo_cigars.cfm

Its been a couple of years but I have smoked that brand before, and really like them. But I don't remember the name tho. The store that I go to quit carrying them. I am definately going to try the Davidoff brand, since a couple of guys here have recommended them. Thanks for the link above CH53Driver!

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
I haven't smoked cigars in years, but when I did, I would usually go the whole 9 yards just as I learned at the lounge in the Wash., DC Ritz Carlton..... Warmed brandy in a snifter to dip the tip enhancing the smooth draw.

And a nice Port.

The high backed chairs and oak panelled walls only added to the enjoyment

Sounds like you had alot of fond memories and great times smoking cigars back then. I have never heard or been around anybody that had dipped the tip into some Brandy, but that sounds like it would be neat to try. As you mention above I would guess that would be the real way of smoking for those that are Connoisseur's. Any reason why you gave up smoking cigars?

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
First Expierence with Tobacco

I was reflecting back when I was around 15 years old and my cousin that was 2 years older than me started chewing tobacco ( Levi Garrett ). He was always the first to get and do everything, new clothes, first car, etc. I constantly asked my parents if I could try some chewing tobacco, their answer was always no!! I pursued till they finally caved in one day and let me.
My stepfather said to me that I could as long as he picked out the tobacco, I was ok with that considering that it was going to make me feel all big and grown up. So my stepfather picked up some tobacco that said Apple something on a clear wrapper and that was in a twist. Being my first time with the use of tobacco my stepfather cut me off a huge piece that could barely fit into my mouth and told me not to spit that it was ok to swallow. So I begin to chew on the piece that was given and after sometime passed by I was begining to not feel so well. So I went and told my stepfather I was feeling really lite headed and sick at my stomach. I remember never puking so much and felt so sick laying on the front porch in all my teenage years. The porch would not stop spinning, it got faster and faster. I will never forget the echoing sound of my stepfather laughing at me sounding like cousin Eddie off the movie "National Lapoons Christmas Vacation".

I'm sure some of you probably can relate to this story somehow.

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Found a new one a couple of days ago. Perdoma Fresco. Mild and the best part $3 in Ohio.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Walking Tall 2.....so what did you do to your dad to piss him off?????
When I pledged a fraternity in 1974 during hell week the actives got us all together and gave us some chew. I had been using in high school when playing baseball, so I was up on the drill, but most guys were not. As much as I told them NOT TO SWALLOW THE JUICE, they all had a leak or two....man did they get sick!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
A few favourites in my humidor...
Partagas no. 10
Fuente Hemingways, Classics, and Short Stories
Cohiba Esplendidos
Nat Sherman Hamiltons

A little trivia about Avo's....named after founder Avo Uvezian who is also a jazz pianist. He composed and played piano on Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night".

I smoked a Romeo y Julieta this evening as the sunset. Sitting on the patio with a gin martini.

Last edited:

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Cigars and stuff....

Great memories with a great guy..............GO BLU

Attachments

• Boneyfriend.jpg
    Boneyfriend.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 36

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Punch, Romeo y Julieta, macanudo, cohiba

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
Walking Tall 2.....so what did you do to your dad to piss him off?????
When I pledged a fraternity in 1974 during hell week the actives got us all together and gave us some chew. I had been using in high school when playing baseball, so I was up on the drill, but most guys were not. As much as I told them NOT TO SWALLOW THE JUICE, they all had a leak or two....man did they get sick!

I never really got along with him that well when I was younger, I was not his son anyway so that made a huge difference. I left home at a young age because of him / home life, he was very mean at times. He grew up really mean as kid himself by some of the stories that I remember he had told when I was young.

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
Great memories with a great guy..............GO BLU

Seeing that picture makes me want to go out on my back porch and light up a Diamond Crown cigar and enjoy some quality time!!!