changes in the GT

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I'm wondering if there have been any modifications/changes/differences between the 2005 & 2006 GT. Other than being made more recently, are there any advantages to buying a 2006 over a 2005 (or earlier year)?

Based on what I have read in several of the threads, I've also noticed that quite a few of the GT owners also have other sports cars (ie, lambo, ferrari). I'm interested in hearing from those who have driven both, what some of the differences are and why you prefer the GT to the others.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Piccola - we've all written some lovely prose on this Forum about comparing the GT to Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Astons etc.... Have a dig about and you'll see many owners of other 'supercars' (I personally don't care for that word, but it sort of groups the cars neatly) who have tried to compare the GT.

I'm always interested when car magazines over here in Europe compare cars in the 500 + bhp range costing $200k+ and they all, invariably, end up saying 'hard to choose between them'! Owners feel rather differently and, in this rarified atmostphere of motoring exotica, GT owners are more genuinely enthusiastic (in my opinion) about the heritage of the GT than, say, your average Ferrari owner.

(Sound of a can containing worms being opened!) :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GT changes

Other than the recall on the first batch of cars for oil leaks and suspension mods, there is a change in the front grill - loss of screen in 2006 models, change in the clamshell latches and other very minor mods. These are posted, some with pictures, on this forum. Go to the Archive section and read. There are some very interesting and inventive people on this forum, so read some of the posts about altering the GT.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Thanks! I'll dig through the archives & do some extra reading this weekend.

My initial involvement w/the GT was to assist a guy friend overseas in buying this car. I have, however, fallen in love w/her, and now find myself trying to find a way to buy one of my own...