CERAMIC PAINT COATING

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
I stumbled across this ad for a clear ceramic paint coating so thought I would pass it along as there has been discussion of film protection like XPEL for both the 05/06 and the new GT and this could be an alternative protective paint treatment. Does anyone have experience with this coating and if so, what are the pro's and con's vs. XPEL and similar applied clear films? Professional application cost is apparently between $500 and $1,000 for the entire car surface.

usmcfred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHLONODqE5U&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This is not a substitute for Xpel (or equiv). There are a LOT of ceramic coatings on the market, but they do not protect from impact (rocks). The coating can still be applied to the Xpel or any other film providing the benefits outlined

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
This is not a substitute for Xpel (or equiv). There are a LOT of ceramic coatings on the market, but they do not protect from impact (rocks). The coating can still be applied to the Xpel or any other film providing the benefits outlined

I have it on all of my cars. What a fantastic product if used correctly. Paint correction prior to coating is key. If applied correctly absolutely beads and protects car where maintenance is super easy. Looks a plus.

can apply over expel which really works well. will prevent some nicks but not all.