Center Tunnel Corrosion, What to do?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
By in stock, I meant FoMoCo. I believe they said the warehouse was in Memphis. Every FGT part is a special order For the dealers.

I guess there must have been a run on them.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
A CF console certainly would be cool, but I wonder if a single piece wouldn’t look out of place. I think I would either need to commit to a full CF interior conversion, or keep it all stock. At this point I think the best course of action is to find a new replacement part and keep everything stock. I have not yet been able to find one, but I’m sure there is one out there. Thank you all for your replies!
I did call White Bear Lake. They said they didn't have any and couldn't get them.
I needed one just a month or so ago for my (flood) replacement 2005 Ford GT. There were only 2 in the whole country at dealerships at that time, and I bought one. The other was at Galpin Ford 818-787-3800.

Don't know if it's still there, but it would be worth a call. Good luck, and let us know how you fare!

Reactions: 2112

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
I needed one just a month or so ago for my (flood) replacement 2005 Ford GT. There were only 2 in the whole country at dealerships at that time, and I bought one. The other was at Galpin Ford 818-787-3800.

Don't know if it's still there, but it would be worth a call. Good luck, and let us know how you fare!

Thank you! I will give them a call.

Reactions: KennethClay

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
A CF console certainly would be cool, but I wonder if a single piece wouldn’t look out of place. I think I would either need to commit to a full CF interior conversion, or keep it all stock. At this point I think the best course of action is to find a new replacement part and keep everything stock. I have not yet been able to find one, but I’m sure there is one out there. Thank you all for your replies!
I am all for upgrading interior components, but the magnesium center console is such a unique part of the car that I would not swap it for a carbon fiber piece even if regularly available.

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
I am all for upgrading interior components, but the magnesium center console is such a unique part of the car that I would not swap it for a carbon fiber piece even if regularly available.

I am with you on your opinion. I had an awesome forum member offer me a complete carbon fiber interior, but I am inclined to leave the car stock. The car was supposed to arrive today, but I got the news a couple of days ago that it is still stuck in New York and will only be out for delivery probably the second week of January. They are killing me. This is the 3rd time delivery has been delayed!

I appreciate your input and wish you a wonderful day.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I’m pretty sure I have a brand new one in a box.

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
I’m pretty sure I have a brand new one in a box.

That would be awesome. Where in MN are you located? I live in Orono.