Carmel Mission Car Show During Pebble Beach Car Week

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Entered my GT in the Carmel Mission Car Show to support the Mission and show off the GT. There were around 70 cars on display. There were several Porsche's, Ferrari's, and all the regulars including many classic's.

They had 4 grammar school kids come in and look at every car and choose one car that they felt was the best of show at the event. The GT was chosen by the kids... They loved the GT so much they sat in the car and took photos. They all had grins from ear to ear. This car is a classic. Maybe next year we will have a 2017 on display???

Photos taken at the beginning of the car staging... Not very many cars were in place yet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
I was at this venue last year...an impressive win for your GT!!!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Excellent Jerry! Beautiful car loved by all the kids and a great win!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Beautiful GT! Most deserving! It's fun to see the kids excitement! Thanks for sharing!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Well done. Jerry

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Tell the truth Jerry...they liked the Ferrari's more and you gave them $5 apiece. Come clean Dude...it was at a Mission for goodness sake's. And there was only 14 cars....

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
And I thought KarCajun's could be trusted!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
...sorry...I've been drinking again. Had withdrawals from Paula not filling up my wine glass every 5 minutes.

larrypack

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2013
A friend of mine, who worked on the GT engineering team , told me that years ago Ford did a research study on kids to see if there were any factors that precluded them to be car affectionados as they got older. What they found was that by the age of 4 or 5 , the child had it or didn't, as far as being a "car guy". There were no predisposing factors whatsoever in environment or culture or family. Interesting isn't it. I always felt that I bought the right car if I drove by a junior high school and got a multitude of looks and thumbs up from the kids. So far it's worked every time: "89 911 red, "70 red 454 SS Chevelle, '62 red fuelie Vette, '06 red Ford GT. (maybe it's the color) Larry Pack

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
A friend of mine, who worked on the GT engineering team , told me that years ago Ford did a research study on kids to see if there were any factors that precluded them to be car affectionados as they got older. What they found was that by the age of 4 or 5 , the child had it or didn't, as far as being a "car guy". ...

Which is why many of the "car guys" I know have Hot Wheels collections from their youth.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Congratulations! Car looks really cool with doors and clamshell up. Neat shot.

Good to hear the kid report, too.