Carlisle Ford Nationals - pic inside

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I thought I'd share an image from the parade yesterday evening during the Carlisle Ford Nationals. Nice catching up with Angelo & his wife (and of course the GT!).

We had a great time! We'll have to do some type of reunion once again in the future, we need more GT's floating around - if we could only get a dollar for each picture that was taken?! :lol

gts.jpg

Cheers,

Lance

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Looked for you lance, never crossed paths. Great event! Was surprised only the one gt. I didn't take mine, didn't feel like trailering. Amazing Shelby turn out for the 50th and of course his passing. Seemed waaaay bigger than last year, huge turnout!

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Lance,

I just "tried" to send a reply to your PM. Don't know if it worked or not. If you didn't get it, let me know either on this thread or by PM, and I'll try to recapture the thoughts in a reply to this thread, ( I think I know how to do that! )

Very happy to see you had sunshine for the parade. tahnks for sharing the picture.

Sounds like a great event. Sorry I missed it.

Bill

a snake

GT Owner
Jul 8, 2010
roanoke, va.
lance,

lance,
are you chips son? i talked to you several times about our cobra and you all selling items on ebay for your vendors. nice to see you have a gt i assume. i'm sure one of these pictured must be yours. take care. would love to hear from you.

bill

ps: my brother and i sold our 427 cobra and bought a couple of gt's back in 2010.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Bill,

Yes, the Tungsten is my car in the pic above. And, yes I'm Chip's son... nice hearing from you! Hope to see you soon...

Bill N.,

I'll check my PM's shortly... looks like there are a few.

The Ford event broke many records. It's really nice to have Ford on board, they've been a tremendous help for making the event what it is today - they are totally behind our efforts. We're eager for next year already, strong conversations to a brighter future for our events.

Life is good,

Lance

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Lance,

Got your PM. Glad you got mine. I guess I figured out how to do it!

Happy to hear that things were so successful for the weekend. Saw a lot of empty seats at the Dover Nascar race. Maybe everyone went to Carlisle. I'm sure it was a better time.

Bill

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Hey Lance another great event. Good to see you again and meet your wife. The event was extremely well attended. As you know we broke the worlds record for the most shelby's in one location at one time - 382! The car looks stunning as always. Good to be in the parade for the second year. Maybe a few more burnouts in next year's parade!!
You have a very nice mayor as well.
See you next year. All the best.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There really was a big turn out...