Canadian GT's Are Now Being Delivered!

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Yahoo! The first 100 Canadian GT's are now being delivered and I've just been told that mine has arrived at the dealer. :biggrin Unfortunately the dealer is 1000 miles away, as I refused to pay anything over list price when I ordered it, and everyone near home wanted a premium. We had to give three choices of color in Canada and it turns out I got my first pick, Tungsten with stripes. Now I've just got to sort out my race car trailer to go and pick it up.

With the cars now being shipped up here to the frozen north maybe we can get a Canadian contingent to register for the gathering at the end of August!?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good for you guys! But don't hurry too much, the weather is still inclement.

Pipelion

CanuckGT,

Yea!!!!!!! :cheers Gald you got your color choice and car. WOW. Did some photos at the World Cup races in Banff, how far are you from Banff?

Bet you won't mind that (1000) grand journey. :biggrin

Allan

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
White Petunia: I really don't know how many of the cars were pre-ordered but I suspect the majority of them were. I ordered mine in the fall of last year as soon as Ford made the dealer allocations. I've got a friend who missed ordering one last year and he hasn't been able to track down anything available yet, except for one dealer who has some unreasonable price expectations. On the McIntosh question if you use this link: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11347#post11347 to a thread in the forum I've quoted some info from Ford Canada about not making the option available.

Pipelion - I'm about 60 miles from Banff, which will be a great location for some drives in the GT.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
The weight of the new bumpers was one of the reasons I was led to believe why the MacIntoch was not an option. Only half of the cars delivered will be hitting the market. Apparently the majority are being held on to by dealership principals. The others are mostly if not all spoken for. Because of the demand many are being sold for as much as 50-75 over MSRP. Sound familiar? There are some dealership who have refused to sell them and will be auctioning them off. I suspect it will be silent auction with highest bidder taking it. The smaller rural dealerships who were lucky enough to get them were scooped up by dealerships in bigger cities at msrp or more. There is a rumor that a second wave of 40 may be coming that were not yet allocated.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations, Canuck! :thumbsup

Pipelion

Show us pictures when you return please.

Allan

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
here it goes

Attachments

• ci2.jpg
    ci2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 89
  • ci3.jpg
    ci3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
one more

Attachments

• ci4.jpg
    ci4.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 148

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
I threw my $10,000 deposit down the week after they announced the news that Ford was bringing 200 to Canada; that was in July/August of last year. When allocations were made, my dealer (Thorncrest Ford in Toronto) ended up in the second batch, so I'm looking at August/September delivery :frown

The good news, I'm at MSRP. My first choice was also tungsten with stripes.

I was recently in Ottawa at Campbell Ford where they are in possession of a heritage edition. Problem; they are looking for $315k CDN.

Pipelion

CanuckGT,

Thanks for the pics, love the blue & white. Give us a review of your new baby when ready please.

SkyMan,

Is $315cnd = to $270us ? Because if it is that's almost a hundred grand premium. :ack

Allan

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Pipelion said:
CanuckGT,

Thanks for the pics, love the blue & white. Give us a review of your new baby when ready please.

SkyMan,

Is $315cnd = to $270us ? Because if it is that's almost a hundred grand premium. :ack

Allan

You got it; It explains why it remains on their showroom floor :wink

Pipelion

WOW.

Allan

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
How much is MSRP in Canada?

Rob

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
about 199,000 canadian. Converted to american doleros 173,000.
Include red calipers standard radio and bbs rims.

Pipelion

What are Canadian Ford dealers typicially adding to List on non heritage GTs?

Qyestion # 2. How hard is it to import a US GT to Can.?

Allan

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Two Many Canucks

Looks like we've got too (two?) many Canucks. I've got the tungsten GT that I've yet to drive the 1000 miles to pick it up from the dealer. I hope to get out there in about 10 days to trailer it home. The blue with white stripe GT pictures were posted by Canuck (no "GT" in his title).

With respect to the Gulf Heritage paint job I was told by my dealer that it would be about another $18,000.00 Canadian, that's about $15,000.00 US. I assume that was around list price because he sold me the car at list. I really thought about the Heritage paint for a long time - I worked for Gulf Oil for 25 years - but I decided that it was too much money for some paint. I'll probably regret not having selected it, I really like the look of the car.

With respect to bringing a U.S. spec car into Canada I think it might be possible now that you can get the parts to do the bumper modifications. Previous to the changes being made to meet Canadian safety specs I was told that I wouldn't be able to import one. The only other thing that would need to be done is change the speedo to kilometers per hour and probably add some bilingual warning stickers about the airbags ...

Last edited:

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
I looked into bringing a US car over, and recently found out that it is "inadmissable" under Transport Canada guidelines. I thought maybe this meant the car needed to be converted to Canadian standards, but this is not the case. Even if you convert it to the exact standard, Transport Canada will not register the car. The 2005 & 2006 GT's are listed on the RIV (Registrar of Imported Vehicles) list of inadmissable vehicles.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Canuck gt I will change my name to lessen the confusion.

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Hey, no worries. I'd like to see 200 Canucks on this forum! :cheers