Can anyone share the time senstive docs

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Not asking to share any personal info. Just wondering what the time sensitive material that ford is asking for in 10 business days.

I can only assume some of it is financial back up.

A summary or anything would be nice just curious that's all.

Did they ask for a bank wire deposit or spell out how much they will require and when.

When I ordered BNZ SLR and Porsche GT I had to give $50K deposit on each to dealer then they wired that direct to Germany.

Thx,
Dave

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 362

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I believe that Ford is asking for a non binding choice of colors and options people would want for their cars in order to be best prepared for building them..

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
Can anyone tell by their paperwork whether Ford is going to negotiate pricing directly with the customers chosen, or will they need to negotiate markups with dealers? I've been told by a few dealers I know that have applied to sell the new GT that they will have to spend up to $30,000 to be an authorized service center, depending on the level they wish to participate at and the modifications required to meet each level. No one likes to pay markups over MSRP, but I could see as a business person how this may be necessary for the dealers involved to service the cars in the way Ford requires.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I believe that Ford is asking for a non binding choice of colors and options people would want for their cars in order to be best prepared for building them..

ok figure they would have to ask for some financials not saying anyone on this board so hope not one takes it wrong way but don't mean you have $500K to pay for the car or qualify for lease or finance on it. was thinking at some point they ask for 25% deposit or something to lock in car give you 10 days you can make amount they go to next app on list until they fil all pre orders with money

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
negotiate????? LOL!

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
negotiate????? LOL!

Yeah. One of the dealers I spoke to mentioned if they were chosen, they were planning to have a $100,000 markup over MSRP. They felt that was a fair amount with what the cars would be worth on the secondary market....

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Yeah. One of the dealers I spoke to mentioned if they were chosen, they were planning to have a $100,000 markup over MSRP. They felt that was a fair amount with what the cars would be worth on the secondary market....

Id pay that today, for sure.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

The whole process of assigning a car to an individual was to eliminate the atrocious ADMs, and alot of us went into the process assuming that. I didn't get selected so I won't be affected, but I sure hope it holds.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Don't worry about ADM. There will be more than enough cooperating dealers to deliver the cars at MSRP.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006

which is dumb then you just pick a diff dealer

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
The documents they refer to are a preliminary vehicle (option) preferences form and an affidavit of Eligibility and Release (world wide boiler plate).

Once those are sent in, Ford will be sending out an "Official Welcome Guide" for use in ordering the GT. Just the opposite of the 05/06 program where most Ford dealers ordered GT's for "inventory". The main reason there are so many red 4 option cars.

As has been said before, the price negotiations, deposits, and other terms and conditions, will be strictly between the purchaser and an authorized Ford GT Dealer. Separate from the selling GT dealer program is a Service and Maintenance Ford GT dealer program. Both programs will be limited, with a very few Service dealers in a pretty wide geographical array. The Service dealer program requires a fairly expensive investment - for specialized equipment and training. In the USA anyway.