Camaro

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
what does if anyone think about new camaro?? I just ordered 1 2 weeks ago ,it goes into build mode Thursday, I ordered a SS2 totally loaded, hurst 6 speed, hood scoop,ground effects, racing stripe, RS package, etc..Just hope dealer dosent get dreaded letter from GM..

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Hope it works out for you. I was talking to a guy at a car show this weekend and he said the Corvette he ordered and paid for will not ship unless his dealer agrees to accept 50 other cars (I forget which type). He's pretty torqued.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
what does if anyone think about new camaro?? I just ordered 1 2 weeks ago ,it goes into build mode Thursday, I ordered a SS2 totally loaded, hurst 6 speed, hood scoop,ground effects, racing stripe, RS package, etc..Just hope dealer dosent get dreaded letter from GM..

I like 'em. 'Also like the new Challengers.

'Wanted the 570 horse Z/28 (blk/blk) but they've evidently put THAT version waaaaaaaaaay back on the rear of the shelf somewhere for bailout/"p.c." reasons. 'Sent an email to see if anything's changed. 'Stone silence in return so far (when does GM EVER return emails?).

('Prefer the 'altered/unique' front end the Z/28 has over the other models too.)

Buuuuuuuuut, there's always the "Lingenfelter option"!:biggrin

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
Hope it works out for you. I was talking to a guy at a car show this weekend and he said the Corvette he ordered and paid for will not ship unless his dealer agrees to accept 50 other cars (I forget which type). He's pretty torqued.

Thats not good , I will keep yall updated on the outcome..

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
You better find one to check out in person. The interior is getting some serious negative feedback.

I am working a deal now on someone who lost interest over the interior and is checking out the 2010 Gt500.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You better find one to check out in person. The interior is getting some serious negative feedback.

AGREED. While one CAN "live with it", that interior does leave much to be desired. But, the interior has no effect on what happens when the right foot is engaged!:biggrin

(The only parts of the interior I LIKE are the seats, the two "square gauges" ahead of the steering wheel, and the 4 gauge cluster on the console.)

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I had ordered a Blk/Blk 2SS 6spd in late January. I have been looking at this car for the past 6 years from concept. SInce Jauary, I have been told many stories and delay after delay. I drove a 6Cyl they got on the lot a month ago and yes the interior and dash plastic is bad but there are other good things which outway. The car is beatiful and the body is great from all angles. The told me last week that they were about to produce my car!!! I just got my GT last week and really have no desire to have it any more so I canceled my order and will hopfully get my deposit back. But I will say the 2Ss might be a nice little beast to cruise around town everyday. Good luck and be patient as they may stroke you around some more. I fell they will flood the dealerships on the opening day of Transformers and the orders will trickle down after that. Enjoy

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
I to have been following from concept to production . The wait has been agonizing, as the ecomomy crashed around us I had some secound thoughts , but signed a few big contracts in May and decided what the hell..Im going with it and placed my order..As far as muscle cars its a bargain..The local Ford dealer has a GT500 KR and he wants 90k..they are crazy, got the SS2 for around 40k..and can tune and beef it up for around 10k

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
agree 100%. My 2SS with RS pkg came out to 34K. I had an 05 Saleen which just sold. It was great and cost me 52K new just sold it for 25K. The new mustang front looks good but the back got ugly

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Loyalty when it counts.

What does anyone think about new Camaro?? I just ordered 12 weeks ago, it goes into build mode Thursday. I ordered an SS2 totally loaded, hurst 6 speed, hood scoop, ground effects, racing stripe, RS package, etc..Just hope dealer dosent get the dreaded letter from GM.

Gentlemen,

I think the new Camaro is beautiful from any angle. During normal times I would probably add one to my stable. Still, it's heavy and although it has almost 100 hp more than it's Ford competitor the Camaro SS is only a fraction of a second faster zero to 60 and in the quarter-mile than the standard Mustang GT. Next year's Mustang GT with the 5.0L 32V Coyote engine will eat the Camaro alive. The Mustang has a nicer interior, more room inside and in the trunk, weighs less, handles better with the Track Pack suspension, costs less, and if you can wait for the 2011, quicker and faster as well. Most importantly, it's made by the Ford Motor Company with no government involvement. Ford's success and continued independence will require the loyalty and patronage of millions of Americans who believe, as I do, that Ford's (and other private sector companies) success is America's success.

No matter how much I like the looks of the new Camaro and the Challenger too for that matter, I will never own either one. I only purchase Ford products.

Chip

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
Well put Chip, myself I like a little variety.In 05 I set a goal to Own a Ford GT, Dodge Challenger, Chevy Camaro, ZR1 Vet, all have come true except the Vet which is way over priced I thought..