Cadillac CTS-V Breaks Nurburgring Record

H

HHGT

I went and leased a 2008 Escalade for the wife - in my opinion the best damn SUV out there and we tested them all. Business is so bad for these dealers it actually broke my heart to drive a hard bargain - and I did - $4,200 down and 23 months at $600/month with 20 Mpg highway.

The sales manager and I hit it off - he's a true car guy - and I got him to commit to hold me his first allocation of the new 2009 CTS-V:banana:banana. When I got home I had the Road & track issue waiting in the mail box, and found the following article; Cadillac CTS-V Breaks 8 Minutes Nurburgring Record. I say good for the US.

Pulley change and I am pissing off BMW "M" :ack cars all day long. Kendall are you reading this?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=6847

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bought today another 2000 shares of Ford stock today, below $5.
Let Mrs. Bony drive her C70 one more year.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
We owned ONE Cadillac ... I'll never buy another one. I don't care WHAT they come out with. I don't care HOW fast or good lookin' 'tis.

GM didn't stand behind the wifey's Eldo anymore than they absolutely HAD to...and there were just too many instances where it was necessary (stuff literally fell off the car from the 1st week we owned it!). We ran out of warranty "TIME" l-o-n-g before we ran out of warranty "miles", and because of that, we were stuck with THOUSANDS of dollars worth of repairs that NEVER - NEVER - should have needed in the 1st place given the miles on the car (or, I SHOULD say the miles that WEREN'T!).

The wifey loved that car dispite all the pblms/repair bills ( it's "looks" overrode EVERYTHING for her. Go 'figger'). She finally cried, " Enough!", when we were hit with a $4K+ bill (at 32K miles!) for a new ABS mod valve & it's computer, a water pump, and some other thing I don't recall. The Eldo then "went down the road." THAT was the last straw.

And good riddance 'far as I'm concerned.

Fed Up Pockets

H

HHGT

We owned ONE Cadillac ... I'll never buy another one. I don't care WHAT they come out with. I don't care HOW fast or good lookin' 'tis.

GM didn't stand behind the wifey's Eldo anymore than they absolutely HAD to...and there were just too many instances where it was necessary (stuff literally fell off the car from the 1st week we owned it!). We ran out of warranty "TIME" l-o-n-g before we ran out of warranty "miles", and because of that, we were stuck with THOUSANDS of dollars worth of repairs that NEVER - NEVER - should have needed in the 1st place given the miles on the car (or, I SHOULD say the miles that WEREN'T!).

The wifey loved that car dispite all the pblms/repair bills ( it's "looks" overrode EVERYTHING for her. Go 'figger'). She finally cried, " Enough!", when we were hit with a $4K+ bill (at 32K miles!) for a new ABS mod valve & it's computer, a water pump, and some other thing I don't recall. The Eldo then "went down the road." THAT was the last straw.

And good riddance 'far as I'm concerned.

Fed Up Pockets

Hey Larry, was that a 1888 Eldo? :rofl:rofl:rofl

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey Larry, was that a 1888 Eldo? :rofl:rofl:rofl

Yeeeeeeeeeew mizzerbull... :box: :box: :box: :slap

(Ackshully, it was a 1995.)

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
My Escalade has been fantastic! Dealer sucks...but the truck has been problem free.

Go Detroit. :thumbsup

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey Pockets,

To be fair, I think virtually ALL of the mid-90's era cars from Detroit were kind of a sorry lot.

I think it would have been less costly for me to be a drug junkie, but instead I turned out to be a car junkie. Confession: I've had way too many cars for my modest income, and I'll probably spend my retirement days in a double-wide somewhere on Bony's back 40.

Cindy and I "swore off" American cars after having some bad experiences in the late 80's, early 90's. We had numerous Japanese cars/SUVs and a few German (BMW) cars since that period. However, in 2003 I bought a Tahoe and just absolutely loved it. Went from that to a 2005, then recently to a 2008 Denali. I think the Denali, in many respects, is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. It is extremely comfortable - for a minimum of 4 people each with their own (heated) bucket seats. The AC is killer. Powerful engine, great transmission. It is not a fuel miser, but still managed 16.7mpg on a return from Vegas last week at 80MPH avg speed and 105+ degree weather. I also think the new products from Ford are great. A buddy of mine just got a decked-out Navigator and another friend has the F250 King Ranch. I honestly believe that all of these vehicles are clearly superior to the Japanese/German counterparts.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I used to be a confirmed Benz owner, had two daily drivers. One was always in the shop. Never mind the expense, always had a loaner from Enterprise. No more Mercs or Bimmers.
Quite happy with the two Volvo's which are now the daily drivers. Will buy another and take factory delivery.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The big 3 have come a long way in quality.. Their past poor quality reputation continues to haunt them. My daily drivers are SUV's . Recently I've had Explorer's , a GMC Envoy and my current SUV is a 2007 Tahoe.. It's a great vehicle.. Ride and handling are great !! No issues with any of these vehicles..

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey Pockets,

To be fair, I think virtually ALL of the mid-90's era cars from Detroit were kind of a sorry lot.

I'd say that was the case from about 1970 ON, Kendall! Good grief! ( EG: a 305 cu in CORVETTE???:eek Say WHAT???:willy)

But, "Detroit" seems to have finally learned (for the most part) that quality, reliability, AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE go a l-o-n-g way toward winning repeat buyers. But, STORMY is right when he says their history is still haunting 'em - and I'd add, 'ON ALL FRONTS'. The perceptions OLDER people had/have from those years haven't gone away.

Given all that, I doubt we'll ever see stuff like the late '60, early '70's, tinfoil Mopars again for instance. All makes back then were pretty sad (compared to the cars they make today) - but MOPARS were just ridiculous! (That's coming from one who OWNED a few Chrys. Corp. cars...)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Pockets is correct. May was the best month Subaru ever had in the USA. Why?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets is correct. May was the best month Subaru ever had in the USA. Why?

'Zacty, Bony. Three words: service, reliability, and quality.

...God knows it can't be kuzza their good looks!!!!!!!:lol

('Might hafta add "fuel economy" to that list these days too... :bow)

Last edited:
H

HHGT

'Zacty, Bony. Three words: service, reliability, and quality.

...God knows it can't be kuzza their good looks!!!!!!!:lol

('Might hafta add "fuel economy" to that list these days too... :bow)

Three words: service, reliability, and quality. That was my criteria when I shopped for a wife. Got all three! :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Three words: service, reliability, and quality. That was my criteria when I shopped for a wife. Got all three! :biggrin

YOU married a Canadian too??? :lol :cheers :thumbsup

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
My FGT has turned me back onto American cars after years of owning German iron. I have a 2007 Porsche 997 C4S Cab which I use as a daily driver. It’s my fifth 911. Last fall I decided not to drive it during another Boston winter so I looked for an SUV. I considered a Cayenne Turbo and a Range Rover Sport but, given my success with my FGT, I decided to test drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and bought one. I love the truck. It’s very, very quick, looks and sounds great with the stainless steel Borla exhaust and stops like a champ with it’s Brembo brakes. I like it so much I’ve been driving it ever since and have hardly touched the 997 after the snow melted. Some people say “halo cars” like the FGT are a waste of money for manufacturers however in my case the car has caused me to consider American vehicles again.

Rob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I've had great experiences with Ford and Chevy trucks and SUVs since the 90s. In fact I can't remember a single problem with the gaggle of explorers, expeditions, tahoes, f-150s etc.

Rob--The only problem I've had is with those srt cherokees-- at the track! :usa