Bring a trailer?

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I am trying to post my 302S Mustang track car for sale on BAT. They have told me it takes a few weeks for the listing to go live? Seems ridiculous to me. Anyone have any feedback to listing on BAT?

Thanks

Reactions: Copenhagen GT

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I haven't sold on BaT but I've read some seller comments that the process is somewhat out of your hands. One seller stated that his auction wasn't supposed to start for X days, and he was still working on getting pics made when BaT ran it days early. Apparently he couldn't stop them.

I will say, it sure looks like they get top dollar for a lot of cars, so maybe the $ justifies the potential negatives.

I also note that they seem to try to schedule the highest $ car each day to go first, and they seem to always have at least 2 or 3 $100K+ cars each day, so that would seem to require some forceful scheduling on their part that may not correspond to what every seller wants.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I've both bought and sold cars through their auctions (nothing expensive, though), and recommend them highly.

They have a system that seems to work well, and yes, there is a delay in your listing going live. They don't accept all cars, and only do a fixed number of auctions each day, although that number does seem to be creeping up a bit.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I was going to list my McLaren with them last year. It was a long process with lots of back and forth, almost as if BAT was ‘vetting’ my car to decide whether to accept. I sold the 12c privately before the BAT listing went live, and they were fine about pulling the ad at the last minute.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
They pick and chose when each listing goes in.. Great site and they sell cars and everything else listed!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I was going to list my McLaren with them last year. It was a long process with lots of back and forth, almost as if BAT was ‘vetting’ my car to decide whether to accept. I sold the 12c privately before the BAT listing went live, and they were fine about pulling the ad at the last minute.

On the one hand that gives me confidence that they're picky about what they'll auction ... on the other, what could be the problem with a McLaren? :unsure:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
On the one hand that gives me confidence that they're picky about what they'll auction ... on the other, what could be the problem with a McLaren? :unsure:
I think they just want to curate the experience--it's not AutoTrader, and they don't want to have a bunch of the same thing up at the same time.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I have sold two vehicles and bought one using Bring a Trailer and I really like them. They are selective about the cars they take and the first time you list with them it's harder as they are vetting the seller as well.

Chip