Bridgestone RE50 blank, N0 (porsche), N1 (porsche)....

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Whats the difference besides price? Also when ordering from tire rack is there a way to tell the date code before ordering? There is a pole position re50 on closeout, but I would assume those are old. My bridgestones are done with only 2k on them, looking for a replacement that will last with some track sessions. I got about 2 full track days on them, or about ten to twelve 20min sessions. I think the bridgestones should keep me happy, everyone else seems to love em.

Thanks for the help.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I believe the N1 fronts have tread to match the rears. When I ordered through Tire Rack I was told there was no way to confirm the build dates. It may just be a matter of getting the right person on the phone.

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
I have always ordered my tires through Luke @ Tire Rack. He has told me the production dates they have in stock, and at which warehouse they are at.
They also record the date of production on their computer system of the tires you buy from them.
Mike

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I just noticed the tread design is slightly different on the non-manufacture listed RE50, it has the same design as the run flat and mercedes. The porsche ones have a design similar to the pole position and scuderia tread. The pole position has a higher temp grade, I might try those if the date is good. So the N1's are the front tires, which we would want if I go that route?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, the N1's. Then you have to decide on tire pressure. There's a thread about that here, too.

ppr2803

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Hello, after doing a search, I noticed that some on this forum use the 265's front N1's and some use the 265's front N0's. Which is more "correct" model to match the 345 rears? Also, if I decide to use the Bridgestone's 235 fronts, how will this sit (compared to the 265's) in combination with the 345 rears? Thank you very much guys!

rdjmp

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2011
DFW Texas
I ordered front pairs of both RE050A N0 and N1 265/40-18 simultaneously to compare after several unproductive calls to Bridgestone ("We (Bridgestone) were not involved by Ford in the design or spec of tires for that vehicle"). The differences for either NO or N1 are not discernible in appearance or general street performance from the 265/40-18 and 275/40-18 RE050A Pole Positions I have used previously. The tread patterns of those three options match the RE050 Scuderia rears nicely and all feel about the same after quite a bit of tire pressure experimentation. Data tables list a one pound difference in tire weights between the three Bridgestones which all weigh 3-4 pounds over the OEM Goodyears. The lightest of the Bridgestone matches was the 275/40-18 Pole Position which also lists a weight capacity closer to the lower rating of the Goodyears. In street driving I couldn't tell much difference there either and the differences become moot anyway as those are discontinued, though some remain in stock here and there. Date codes for the last Pole Positions I received were in the mid-2010 range and the NO and N1s were early 2011.

The Bridgestone RE050A N0/N1/Scuderias really have performed well overall with decent ride, performance and mileage plus look good doing it with stock diameters plus extra width.

Has anyone tried the newer S-04 Pole Position as a front yet? Might not really be any reason with the N0/N1 option but curious nonetheless.

I also have been satisfied with the performance of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 on +1 20/19 rims and love the track performance (casual recreational) of Pilot Sport Cups in 345/30-19 x 265/35-18 but I prefer a little more height on the rough streets than on a track. I think the lower profile and diameter on stock rim sizes on a car that isn't lowered compromises the appearance with huge tire/fender gap. Hard to beat the Bridgestones in all-around driving.

rdjmp

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2011
DFW Texas
Hello, after doing a search, I noticed that some on this forum use the 265's front N1's and some use the 265's front N0's. Which is more "correct" model to match the 345 rears? Also, if I decide to use the Bridgestone's 235 fronts, how will this sit (compared to the 265's) in combination with the 345 rears? Thank you very much guys!
The 235s are smaller in diameter leaving a larger front fender gap than the rear 345s yield unless the front is lowered. Also the combination of diameter and width lend a "dragster" look considering the larger than stock rears with smaller than stock fronts.

Most importantly I wonder if the discrepancy in front:rear diameter ratio might affect ABS function as I understand the system is set up for a 5% front:rear difference. I don't know for sure - This info subject to the most stringent standards of veracity and validity of all Internet info :) Anyone with real info on that possibility?

Last edited: