Brake Dust Elimination.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Has anyone found an answer to eliminating the brake dust on the wheels of a street driven GT. I have tried to find a different brake pad but I have not had any luck. I know the brake pad change has worked on other Ford vehicles that I have owned. Thanks, Lou.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I plan to use EBC Green. They work quite well on my other cars.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
There are various wheel 'preparations' available. From the old tricks such as polishing in vaseline (I've never tried this so can't vouch for it), to wax treatments.

Wax treatments are fractionally better than doing nothing. The brake dust sits on a surface film of wax and can be removed more easily.

As to the discs - I'd be extremely careful about trying different compounds. Better to have dirty wheels than a bent car.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
As to the discs - I'd be extremely careful about trying different compounds. Better to have dirty wheels than a bent car.

+1

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
If you are looking for a quick clean up idea try "grab it's by pledge" They are dust cloths in a blue package. As the spouse to bring some hope next time she goes shopping.

This works fine as a touch up going to and from shows. I only dry wash my car so this is what I use.