Borla install in Los Angeles ??

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
Has anyone had the Borla (FRPP) exhaust installed in the L.A. area? The closest dealer to me said "There is NO after market exhaust, and if there was, we wouldn't take the job" ??? I told them its a Ford part in the FRPP catalogue. Anyways, anyone had this done or recommend a dealer for service?
Thanks

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Enzobtr suggested Santa Monica Ford.
Let me know how your search goes, I want to install a transaxle cooler in mine.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mine is at the polisher right now and is to be installed tomorrow. Coast General Performance and Tire in Costa Mesa. They have done a good job in the past and know how to treat a higher end car. Ask for Ron 714 540 5710

check us out....

We are a authorized Ford Racing warehouse distributor and installer of the muffler you are looking for. We have installed two setups currently with headers, muffler and our exclusive tune.

We are located in Canoga Park in the San Fernando Valley.

If you have anymore questions please let us know.

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
sales@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Last edited:

Zilla57

GT Owner
Jan 6, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Is the Borla exhaust worth it? Does anyone have any comments on how it sounds compared to stock? Does it drone at highway speeds? Should I get both the headers/ muffler or just the muffler set?

Zilla57 - Unfortunately we did a sound clip of before and after but our server crashed a couple months ago and lost it. On our next install we will record a new sound byte for you guys to hear.

The exhaust doesn't drone but has a nice deep tone that I am sure you will be very happy with.

Depending on your budget will depend on what parts you install first. We have seen very good impressive hp & torque gains with just the muffler and tune by themselves. Obviously doing a pulley change will up the boost but you can get very noticeable power gains with the other mods listed above.

Jack @ MMP Sales
sales@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
Thanks

Thanks, I ordered the exhaust from you yesterday. Cant wait to get it installed next week!
Ted

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
I had success with just installing the Headers. The sound is "ex-olent". Not as loud as the Headers with the Borla Muffler. Sounds like a healthy Z-06 Vette with a Corsa system. Very nice.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
The description for the headers and muffler kit on the Ford “performance Parts” website (www.fordracingparts.com/fordgt/fordgt.asp) states that they are both illegal for street use. Is this true? Even the muffler kit is not street legal?

Rob

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Bill Briley said:
I had success with just installing the Headers. The sound is "ex-olent". Not as loud as the Headers with the Borla Muffler. Sounds like a healthy Z-06 Vette with a Corsa system. Very nice.
Hi,
how much you paid for the headers, and how much for the install ?

thanks

SLF360

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Gierkink said:
The description for the headers and muffler kit on the Ford “performance Parts” website (www.fordracingparts.com/fordgt/fordgt.asp) states that they are both illegal for street use. Is this true? Even the muffler kit is not street legal?

Rob
Rob,
the Borla muffler is legal. the headers not, if catless is an issue. Like in most of North America, but not in italy, e.g.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Yo Slf,
The Headers were $2250.00 and the install took me 11 hours. I also had the headers Jet Hot Coated for added heat containment. I am certifiable and like tearing apart perfectly good automobiles.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am going to tackle my Borla muffler install next week. Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks, -Chris

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Hi Chris,
Check out my post of 12-21.
Its worth it!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Florida Chris - Where did you purchase your Borla muffler and how much did it cost. I am close to purchasing this unit for my vehicle and was wondering the best price location. Any idea how much this unit is through MMP Inc? Bill

futuregt - Thank you for your order. We will give you a call as soon as it comes in.

Gierkink - Well the headers are technically not smog legal due to them removing your cats. Depending on where you live would depend if you want to go through the hassle of having to get your car smogged. I am pretty sure out here in California the new law is 5 years from the date the car is purchased but I have heard they are looking to push it to 10.

Bill Briley - I am assuming you purchased the M-9430-GT header correct? Was $2250 an out the door price?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8614

Florida Chris - You need to first take off the rear bumper this will make things alot easier for you :) From there it is pretty straight forward.

Indy GT - We can have the Borla muffler d/s to you directly from Ford Racing if you would like. Contact us directly to order!

Jack @ MMP Sales
sales@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Indy GT said:
Florida Chris - Where did you purchase your Borla muffler and how much did it cost. I am close to purchasing this unit for my vehicle and was wondering the best price location. Any idea how much this unit is through MMP Inc? Bill

I bought the muffler from Dallas Mustangs (one of our site sponsors). You can find the pricing on their website.

MMP- Thanks for the bumper suggestion!

-Chris

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
futuregt said:
Thanks, I ordered the exhaust from you yesterday. Cant wait to get it installed next week!
Ted

Ted, just got mine back and it is worth it. The sound is deeper and louder but not obnoxious. :thumbsup

it's in.....

futuregt - Your system is in :) We are ready to do the install this Friday for you. Give us a call.

Jack @ MMP Sales
sales@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Is their any other choice than Borla

Hello,All. New to GT forum,havent picked or heard my GT yet but by the sounds of you all it need to be deeper+ louder.Im a viper guy.Any one know of a place who could do install IN Mass, or near by state.

Thanks, GFORCE.