Book Report on progress of Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I removed my previous post.... Well said Chip!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I've read this stuff a couple of times.

Overall, we tend to not want negative items, but when something does come up there sure is a lot of negative to follow. if someone wants to throw out some crap, better to ignore than to digress. :slap

I think Bitzman should have a chance to explain his comment before he is condemmed.

The problem is we are working with written text that does not give proper intonation, etc. Very easy for things to be misread / misunderstood.

Let him claify - if it was a slam, then fair game. :thumbsdow If not, Bitzman may want to do a little as* kissing to make up, and yes, become a paid member or sponsor (do agree with that one since posts may be for advertisement for a product).

I just like it when we don't go in to the garbage - that's what helps maintain the quality of this site.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Since my post I have word as Joey would say from a little birdie that the gentleman is persona non grata with FORD.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
centerpunch said:
No wonder.

He wrote the article "At Ford, a Supercar Delivers a Super Headache," which was published in Car and Driver long after the problems had been resolved: http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/9519/at-ford-a-supercar-delivers-a-super-headache.html

BINGO... nothing escapes you Paul.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
centerpunch said:
No wonder.

He wrote the article "At Ford, a Supercar Delivers a Super Headache," which was published in Car and Driver long after the problems had been resolved: http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/9519/at-ford-a-supercar-delivers-a-super-headache.html

Unbelievable. The problems were fixed months before the article came out. This kind of tabloid reporting is unforgivable. :thumbsdow

Why piss on Shelby and Ford and then write a book about the GT? I can only imagine what kind of historical perspective is offered in the text.

Take my name off the list.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
BAN, BAN, BAN -

Face it - we all have a part of us in the car with at least great memories of the people assocaited with it. No car is perfect but it and this group, Ford, Shelby and everybody at the plants we toured this year far exceeded my expectations. It has spawned frienships and pulled together a collective group of unique individuals on this site. I know if I had a problem - many would help or provide guidance.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Attachments

• my gt book.jpg
    my gt book.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 118

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Yep, crappy article. Hadn't seen that. I could see why people might not be so happy - the "little birdie" could be right.

The birdie seems to get around and to be pretty smart. Hey bird, any stock tips?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I don't go for Carroll bashing as my family has known Carroll since 1963-64 when Gene Hamon Ford became the first franchised Shelby dealer in Texas. Carroll has done more for Ford Racing than anyone and he did it the hard way with knowledge, personality and the ability to sell his idea. I don't need to purchase a BASHING BOOK! Tomy Hamon :frown

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I thought I would be impartial and wait for a response from the book author - but, I've heard enough evidence. I don't want that book anymore either.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Please take me off list.

Perhaps, if an proper explanation is given I will reconsider.

Until then...

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005
Kind of ironic. Bite the hand that feeds you. Ford did the right thing when they discovered the suspension problem. If my memory serves me correctly, the suspension problem was only identified on one vehicle that was in Ford's test fleet. The GT was a test bed of new technology. As I remember it, during the development phases, as do most manufacturers, Ford did extensive testing. Public safety and our litigious society dictate that at the very least these steps are necessary. The GT is a complex piece of machinery that was in uncharted waters. It was developed in record time and designed to perform at extreme speeds. To that end Ford was extremely successful.

Perhaps the author of the publication prefers to create a negative perspective to sell his books. In my opinion, he has chosen the wrong web site to promote his publication. The message that he apparently is conveying is the antithesis of what this car is about and he apparently is in the vast majority in his negative evaluation of this product.

Just my opinion.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yup, biting the hand that is expecting to feed you, what an idiot. I try to get wallace included in the next release of this video:
http://www.filecabi.net/video/idiots.html

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
In the R&T June 2005 edition Joe Rusz covered a competition, "Newsmaker of the Half- Century". Guess what? Shelby's name wasn't even on the list! So I wrote them a letter, which they published in their Sept. 2005 issue, page 34.

I wrote a lot more than they published but this is what they printed, "When I read Pole Position try as I might I could not fiind the name of the foremost American automotive icon of all time: Carroll Shelby. How could he be overlooked? Not only was he a race-winning driver, he is arguably the Godfather of American muscle cars, backyard tuners and the whole specialty manufacturers industry."

Can anyone disagree? The Man is a true legend and the climbing value of cars he actually touched proves everyone knows it. Frankly, as much credit as he deservedly gets, Mr. Shelby does not get enough credit!

Last edited: