Blower whine?

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Ok, I've been wondering this for awhile now:

Is the blower whine (if any) loud at all on the GT's? In all the videos I have watched you only hear exhaust and never any whine. I'm just curious if there is any and, if there is, if it is any where close to a Lightning (which are absolutely notorious for their blower whine) which has almost...well a very similar motor.

A rather random and bland question I know, but I never see GT's and I certainly haven't been in or even around one while on the road (or even in a parking lot for that matter), so who better to ask!? :wink

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
The blower can be head in the car. Not as louds as the exhaust but for sure it can be heard.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
The sounds is not like a Lightning, or Cobra. While you can hear it, it is actually a pleasant whistling instead, with a little whine. These are Twin Screw Superchargers, which are different than the Lightning SC.

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
ROCMAN said:
The sounds is not like a Lightning, or Cobra. While you can hear it, it is actually a pleasant whistling instead, with a little whine. These are Twin Screw Superchargers, which are different than the Lightning SC.

I wondered if they were twin screw or not, good to know. Yeah, ours are roots. We still whine when we throw Whipples or KB's on, which are twin screw though. However the blowers are built different, and I'm sure it was Fords intention to not have it screaming like a Lightning right behind your ear.

Well that's intresting.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have to admit that I love that whistle. It's not a noisy shrill sound at all, but when you hear it... you know what it means to own a GT.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You can hear it from inside but not too loud. I love it . Aftermarket exaust turns me on and is what a GT should sound like unlike stock (boat anchor) muffler weighing 60? lbs which holds heat. I never cared for the Lightning whine sound but thats why they produce Ice cream in different flavors for all ages! Tomy :wink

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
THamonGT said:
You can hear it from inside but not too loud. I love it . Aftermarket exaust turns me on and is what a GT should sound like unlike stock (boat anchor) muffler weighing 60? lbs which holds heat. I never cared for the Lightning whine sound but thats why they produce Ice cream in different flavors for all ages! Tomy :wink

Haha, true.

Yeah, I was suprised at the muffler deal, I never thought of changing exhaust as a weight reduction type mod. :ack

It's another one of those things that you have to be there and actually hear it to really know what it's like. No one could really explain the blower whine for the Lightnings to me until I finally saw one get on it. The 03/04 Cobras have the same whine but at a different pitch, which is equally amazing sounding, to me.