Big, Fat Thanks to Grey Ghost

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
I wanted to put out a public THANK YOU to The Grey Ghost. I was trailering home to KC on Saturday with my motor coach, on the TX, OK border, 15 miles to the nearest exit. I look in my side mirror and OMG, smoke coming from my trailer. First thought, GT on fire..... Thankfully just a blown rear tire, but shredded and smokin up the highway. I pulled over and felt awfully alone out there on the side of the freeway. I had a spare, but embarrassed to say, no jack (I know, dumbass). All of a sudden my phone rang, JEFF - GT in the caller ID, what are the odds. The voice says, "are you on the side of the road". WOW, the GT gods have saved the day. :banana Jeff went up to the next exit, turned around, came back 15 miles, whipped out a jack and 30 minutes later, I'm back on the road.

He had never even seen my trailer or motor home, but he said he "just had a feeling". Again a big thank you for turning what could have been a multi-hour ordeal, into a 30 minute inconvenience.

On a side, mushy note, I'm not overly social, just a short-coming in my DNA I guess and the first night of the Rally, I actually felt a little uneasy, the "regular guys" kind of had their group and honestly I felt like a real outsider; I was thinking this group may not be for me. As the last two days of the rally came and went, I started talking to a few folks and things loosened up and by the end of the Rally, I was much more comfortable and looking forward to next year already.

I wanted to say what an honor it is to hang out with you guys and I hope I can live up to the high standards of character and team work that is displayed by most of the group. This is my first real attempt at fitting into a group of this type and I often don't say the right things, so bear with me. As a new guy, one suggestion I might have, is early on in the festivities, maybe we could have lanyards with names or something, with new guys getting a different color, I would definitely make an extra effort to approach the new guys to make them feel more welcome. Awwww, never mind, I’m sure it’s just me… Thanks again and best wishes to the whole forum, and a special thank you to DBK and the others that put the rally together.

Not MY blowout picture, but a reasonable facsimile....

Attachments

• tire_blowout.jpg
    tire_blowout.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 169

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Kelly, it was a pure pleasure meeting you. Just wish I didn't have so much going on with repairs. Next time well hang out more if the tire gods bless me with something that holds air. Promise! :thumbsup

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
My wife and I really enjoyed your company, It would not have been the same without you.:cheers

I am just working out the details I am hoping to make it to the Sema show.
I will give you a call.
Mike

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
It was fun 'eh.

Kelly,

If you own a GT, you can "feel the love man!" We are all your best friends! Find me at the next event!! I've PM'd you my cell #. :cheers

Chip

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
Thanks for the kind words and offers guys; I feel like a whiny man-baby. I did talk to a couple other new guys and they kind of felt that way also. But I know when you've been invloved for a while and are excited to see your old buddies, baby sitting the new guys is way down on the list.

I'll be in touch with you guys.

Attachments

• fat_guy_in_diapers.jpg
    fat_guy_in_diapers.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 105

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Holy crap!

Kelly no one will be able to forget that picture. Looks like you dropped a couple pounds since your diaper days!!

Enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you. And thanks for shareing the equipment at the mile!

JIM:thumbsup

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Holy crap!

Kelly no one will be able to forget that picture. Looks like you dropped a couple pounds since your diaper days!!

Enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you. And thanks for shareing the equipment at the mile!

JIM:thumbsup

OH MY>>> You guys are setting me up again aren't you? "hanging out" is a thought I want erased when looking at that pic.:eek... and "sharing equipment" just gives me the willies!:willy

Welcome Kelly!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Just in the right place at the right time.
Glad I could help.

As another new guy this year, I must say we met a number of nice people and made several new friends.
One even put us up for the night on the way home. Thanks Vince!!!

Jeff

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey boys, wake up! You're not in Kansas anymore.