Beware of doing this mistake

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
HELLO THERE everyone , as i was flipping through gt videos i came across this on youtube , which you can see on the link below , now ive seen this done on 2 gts one in this video and one in here in kuwait , both are repaired and paint job is done in the dealership , i leave you guys to spot wat went wrong in there spraying plz comment if u
managed to spot it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8RIJem9HUk

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Saw your comment. Good call.

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
Saw your comment. Good call.

thanx man , but they need to knw about it , haha took it off now , to see if anyone would spot wat am i on about

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
They painted in the fog light housing

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
yes !!! thts exactly it , now i dont knw why this is happening and no one is noticing ill upload the pic of the other gt in kuwait tht he messed up totally this time and this one has messed up stripes 2

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Looks better IMO

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
yes !!! thts exactly it , now i dont knw why this is happening and no one is noticing ill upload the pic of the other gt in kuwait tht he messed up totally this time and this one has messed up stripes 2

I thought it was that the painter was not following thru with his paint strokes after he let off the trigger........:lol

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
I thought it was that the painter was not following thru with his paint strokes after he let off the trigger........:lol

Haha it is spotless imo now you hav a clue of how it should be

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
#1075 had both orange and black fog light buckets at various times.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...40-6-1969-Vinyl-Banner-Poster-Sign-Jacky-Ickx

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan

i think the factory look looks million times better, credits to ford

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
i think the factory look looks million times better, credits to ford

Well, I think the painted buckets look TWO million times better than oem. :lol

The painted headlight/fog light buckets look really nice with some colors. This original GT40 looks very nice in white. The photographs themselves are beautiful. Taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?SaleCode=mo12&CarID=r144

I would like to do this exact color/stripe scheme on a GT. Anyone have a high mileage/no accident white GT to sell me? This is a serious question :).

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
yep, and here's another, if it's good enough for and $11M car.... I think it looks better also.

gulfcar.jpg

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
No big deal. you just take off the lense and remove the lamp housing and paint it black. The painter didn't pay attention to the stock piece. You have to black it out after a repaint of the bumper anyway.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Are the bonnet vents supposed to be orange or black on the Heritage? They sure look orange in that video.