Best Speed So Far

96GTS

Nov 9, 2005
Fords, NJ
samthejeepman said:
i only heard this though a 2'nd and a 3rd party to the party next to the last, but !!!!!
a certain red 05 went up to 175, the first night of new ownership

wink/wink

sam
#1451 red/white

LOL! and I did what? 90 on the NJ turnpike in a minivan! :rofl

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
hey like i always say
it good to let your hair down once in awhile, even if it on a deserted road at 2 in the morning
the rush is worth it, once in every couple of years

sam
#1451----red/white

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
in my bone stock year 2004 corvette Z06 i hit 176 mph on GPS with just a mere 1100 miles on the odometer. this was before i had done the bolt on mods in my sig that bumped my power a bit. in the pic below you see my buddy in the passenger seat snapped the pic a little early because he thought we were only gonna do 172 mph. why? because all the car magazines that we read said that the vette will only do 172 mph bone stock so when we hit 172 mph on GPS i backed off the throttle but i realized my speedo was only reading 168 mph. so we turned around and blasted out another run and we got the 176 mph pass on video. this was on a perfectly flat and level road with no changes in elevation or any kind of tail winds, etc. one of these days i will have to get my vids up on the net. until then pix will have to suffice. on the same stretch of road i hit 182 mph on GPS and speedo with my year 2001 viper ACR. i am currently in the process of modifying my viper to make 550+ N/A rwhp in order to bust 200 mph. if i was you guys i would definately push my GT to the limit if i had one. unfortunately i don't so i will have to wait a couple more years until i get one. my plan is to buy a GT used in 2008 and mod the car to make 650+ rwhp. this should be good for at least 212 mph if not 220 mph. in the meantime i will just live vicariously through you guys until i get one.

6986vette_-_gps-med.jpg

Last edited:

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Freddy, you will have to disable the speed limiter, which kicks in at 205. You know the FGT can really do 212 in stock trim, but is limited to 205. So if you add more power, unless you do something about the limiter, it still won't go above 205. You can get 212 by just removing the limiting function, no extra power needed.

When that 3.3 L Whipple comes out, I'm someone will find a way to remove the limiter. Then what, 240mph? I wouldn't do it myself. The GT sacrifices front downforce in favor of retro looks, and it will tend to lift up, could flip over unless a larger ugly splitter is added to the front end, but that is sacriligious, no?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Vic - are you the same Vic thats on viperclub of america. if so then you work on elevators right? do you own a ford GT?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Vic said:
Freddy, you will have to disable the speed limiter, which kicks in at 205. You know the FGT can really do 212 in stock trim, but is limited to 205. So if you add more power, unless you do something about the limiter, it still won't go above 205. You can get 212 by just removing the limiting function, no extra power needed.

When that 3.3 L Whipple comes out, I'm someone will find a way to remove the limiter. Then what, 240mph? I wouldn't do it myself. The GT sacrifices front downforce in favor of retro looks, and it will tend to lift up, could flip over unless a larger ugly splitter is added to the front end, but that is sacriligious, no?

....Whipple can reflash the cpu to readjust the rev limit and top speed limiter.

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Fast Freddy said:
Vic - are you the same Vic thats on viperclub of america. if so then you work on elevators right? do you own a ford GT?

Yep its me, thinking of getting a Ford GT, but not just yet.

I started my elevator installation company 9 years ago. Thought I'd be rich by now, damm it!

Hey, you know how you make a small fortune in the elevator industry?

START WITH A BIG ONE!