Best Hawaiian or Caribbean Resort

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
This is what happens when your no longer employable.

LOL...............that ain't helping me.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
You should spend some time at the Grand Hyatt on Kauai. It is a fantastic Hotel on Poipu Beach. In fact, I would spend a week at the 4 Seasons on Maui and a week at the Grand Hyatt on Kauai. I was just there for 3 weeks and did not want to come back, except I ran out of money.

Gerry
+1 on the Grand Hyatt, its beautiful. I suspect that Kelvin would recommend Aston resorts!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Drove down the coast and had lunch at the Grand Wailea, very up scale for sure but not my style of resort for a visit to Hawaii. The rooms are a 10 minute walk to the water and are stacked up like cord wood. The entrance reminded me a little of a first class Vegas hotel and grounds are beautiful, clean, very well maintained but again reminded me of Vegas. The two pools were split off into kids and adults, one resembling an out of control babysitting play pen and the other filled with grandma and grandpa however both were well staffed. The beach (where the parents of the kids/kids of the grandparents had obviously escaped to) was laid much like a European club med, with the chairs, umbrellas and lounges stacked side by side elbow to elbow (cord wood) but again well attended by staff. IMO you can find these kind of accommodations in any big city and our goal was to find something more low key, private, intimate and less "canned".

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Went to St. Marteen earlier this year - Have to agree w Kayan. PERFECT!

stayed at Les Palmiers http://stmartinblue.com/villa_detail.php?id=99 Private villa on beach. 1 bedroom 5 star! 20 minutes to town. Lobster every night!

Baie Rouge Beach (Terres Basses)
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Pool, Beach Front
Maximum Occupancy: 2

Selected by "L'Art de voyager" as the prime honeymoon location in St. Martin! Extremely private and romantic, Les Pamiers sits on Baie Rouge Beach amid a beautifully landscaped, gated property. The air-conditioned villa is decorated with classic plantation furniture, plush seating, and the luxurious W Hotel's king size bed. Enjoy the premium whole house sound system, complete with a dock for your Ipod, which plays throughout the villa and pool area. No details have been spared, from the Italian mosaics that adorn the bathroom and pool area to the 46 inch Sony flat panel TV, DVD, satellite system, and high speed wireless internet system. Take in the wonderful views of Anguilla from the comfortable daybed and chaise lounges on the marble pool terrace, just feet from the beach.
Bedrooms/Bathrooms

This one bedroom villa has a king size bed, air conditioning & a ceiling fan. The bathroom has a shower.
IMG_0636.JPG

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Looks like we have settled on the Four Seasons on Hawaii.

Looks nice and is very well respected.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
another nice one.... been there a couple of times. Great golf course!

I remember well. When you land the landscape looks like a moon due to all the lava flow

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Larry simply has too much money. Hawaii is big with Tech. Its my understanding Michael Dell owns the Four Seasons in that state.