Battery Trickle Charger

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Here is a terrific Trickle Battery Charger that I have used for a number of years on my batteries. I was able to obtain a few of these but I don’t know how long they will be available. The Charger will provide 500 milliamperes (one half amp) to bring a battery up to full charge and taper off to as low as 5 milliamperes so it won’t bake your battery dry. A red light indicates charging and a green light indicates the charge has dropped below 25 milliamperes. I have it plugged into the GT service plug and after my battery tops up and the green light comes on, if I open the door and cause the courtesy lights to come on, you see the charger switch to red. If you have alarms or other things that need a few milliamperes of current to operate, this charger will provide that and still keep your battery in top condition. The GT battery seems to be easily damaged by allowing it to discharge and trying to re-charge it rapidly. This trickle charger is the perfect solution. I have had a J.C. Penny Lifetime battery in my 1967 Mustang since 1975 and it used to die and have to be replaced every 5 or 6 years, mostly from non-use. Since I put a trickle charger on it, the last one is 11 years old and still working fine. J. C. Penny is happier and so am I. The charger plugs into a 110 volt AC outlet or extension cord and has a 15 ft lighter plug cord. Just roll the window down an inch and plug the plug into the service outlet on the dash on the GT. For other cars, use the Cigar lighter outlet. You can order one of these by sending a check for $60.00 to Suntech International, 9404 131st Street North, Seminole, Florida 33776. Postage is included for Forum members. (USA only)

Attachments

• Kit2.jpg
    Kit2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
My check is in an envelope which will be mailed tomorrow. Thank you!

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
Is there a problem with the battery charger that comes with the car?

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I don't think the charger that came with the car will reduce it's charge enough to preclude boiling the water out over an extended period.

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
Did a "google search" and didn't come up with any info on Suntech. Do you have a phone# for them?

Thanks

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
zim32 said:
Did a "google search" and didn't come up with any info on Suntech. Do you have a phone# for them?

Thanks
727-224-3609