Battery question?

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
When you buy a new battery...say a Sears Platinum Part # 22850080 Platinum 75/86dt CSA 290742.

Do you turn in the original core with the GT Logo or do you keep it?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The question really ought to be: What does Scooter want to do? :wink :cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
See definitive battery thread

Sears is good option

ford dealers can order too, w/o logo

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
When you buy a new battery...say a Sears Platinum Part # 22850080 Platinum 75/86dt CSA 290742.

Do you turn in the original core with the GT Logo or do you keep it?

I kept both of mine.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I would definitely save it,, then throw it out next year.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Trying to understand the question. Maybe peel off the logo and stick it on the Sears battery? ;-)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Decals are not hard to have made, anyone consider doing a run for a battery top version?

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
I need to replace battery and can't locate the "definitive battery thread".. Just need to know how NOT to mess up the gauges when installing new battery and what brand is best.. Thanks!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Sears Platinum is made by Odyssey. It's AGM and deep cycle (like a golf cart or fork lift battery), which means it can be repeatedly discharged and charged without any sulfating issues. And, it's dry cell, so no liquid acid. Sears is probably a little cheaper than Odyssey and has a 4 yr warranty vs. 3 yr for the Odyssey. Exact same battery though, except for labeling.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Anyone know if Sears carries the entire Odyssey line up?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
IDK, but I got an Odyssey instead of Platinum for my truck on Amazon. Free shipping and no tax made it about the same price as Sears and it was dropped off at my house.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have Monster sized Odyssey Batteries in my Boat. Love to find a local source as one is sick (7 years old). Thanks, I will just have to check.

BTW, Amazon gets me for tax so unless it is shipped free (70 lbs each) probably a source of last resort.