Jul 13, 2006

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That car is simply gorgeous.

'Not $16 mil gorgeous. Neither is any OTHER CAR 'far as I'm concerned, but, gorgeous none the less.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great story!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
That car is simply gorgeous.

'Not $16 mil gorgeous. Neither is any OTHER CAR 'far as I'm concerned, but, gorgeous none the less.

$16 million is a lot, but when you consider it is rarer than a Van Gogh, Picasso ..... which sell for way more, it's hard to say.
If anyone here wants to buy it for me, I'll take it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
$16 million is a lot, but when you consider it is rarer than a Van Gogh, Picasso ..... which sell for way more, it's hard to say.

'Completely understand the premise...but, to me there's no car or painting worth millions/tens of millions no matter how rare it may be. There just isn't...just like I wouldn't pay $350K for a FGT back in '06...'not worth that IMO when the FACTORY ITSELF thinks the car's worth $167K and says so on the window sticker!

If anyone here wants to buy it for me, I'll take it.

'Same here! :lol Anyone willing to buy from Peter to give to Pockets will always have the support of Pockets...so to speak! :thumbsup

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
'Completely understand the premise...but, to me there's no car or painting worth millions/tens of millions no matter how rare it may be. There just isn't...just like I wouldn't pay $350K for a FGT back in '06...'not worth that IMO when the FACTORY ITSELF thinks the car's worth $167K and says so on the window sticker!

I get your firmly stated value system -- I don't have the scratch to pay huge $ for wheels and therefore couldn't and wouldn't ante up either.

But different strokes for different folks. Especially folks with really Deep (not Empty) pockets.

Mega-millionaires and billionaires put decimals in different places than most of us.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Mega-millionaires and billionaires put decimals in different places than most of us.

No, their decimals still go in the same place as everyone else's...it's the number of comas that can be found to the left of those decimals that often differ! :wink:thumbsup