Bad news for lovely Florida !

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Florida boys,
Better start buying houseboats..::eek

WASHINGTON - Human-caused global warming is here — visible in the air, water and melting ice — and is destined to get much worse in the future, an authoritative global scientific report will warn when it's released next month.

“The smoking gun is definitely lying on the table as we speak,” said top U.S. climate scientist Jerry Mahlman, who reviewed all 1,600 pages of the first segment of a giant four-part report. “The evidence ... is compelling.”

The world’s global average temperature has risen about 1.2 degrees Fahrenheit from 1901 to 2005. The two warmest years on record for the world were 2005 and 1998. Last year was the hottest year on record for the United States.

The report will draw on already published peer-review science. Some recent scientific studies show that temperatures are the hottest in thousands of years, especially during the last 30 years; ice sheets in Greenland in the past couple years have shown a dramatic melting; and sea levels are rising and doing so at a faster rate in the past decade.
In 2001, the panel said the world’s average temperature would increase somewhere between 2.5 and 10.4 degrees Fahrenheit and the sea level would rise between 4 and 35 inches by the year 2100. The 2007 report will likely have a smaller range of numbers for both predictions, Pachauri and other scientists said.

The future is bleak, scientists said. “We have barely started down this path,” said chapter co-author Richard Alley of Penn State University.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida boys,
Better start buying houseboats..::eek

WASHINGTON - Human-caused global warming is here — visible in the air, water and melting ice — and is destined to get much worse in the future, an authoritative global scientific report will warn when it's released next month.

“The smoking gun is definitely lying on the table as we speak,” said top U.S. climate scientist Jerry Mahlman, who reviewed all 1,600 pages of the first segment of a giant four-part report. “The evidence ... is compelling.”

The world’s global average temperature has risen about 1.2 degrees Fahrenheit from 1901 to 2005. The two warmest years on record for the world were 2005 and 1998. Last year was the hottest year on record for the United States.

The report will draw on already published peer-review science. Some recent scientific studies show that temperatures are the hottest in thousands of years, especially during the last 30 years; ice sheets in Greenland in the past couple years have shown a dramatic melting; and sea levels are rising and doing so at a faster rate in the past decade.
In 2001, the panel said the world’s average temperature would increase somewhere between 2.5 and 10.4 degrees Fahrenheit and the sea level would rise between 4 and 35 inches by the year 2100. The 2007 report will likely have a smaller range of numbers for both predictions, Pachauri and other scientists said.

The future is bleak, scientists said. “We have barely started down this path,” said chapter co-author Richard Alley of Penn State University.

Stefan, I am starting a Limited Partnership for houseboat leasing, any interest, you can be co-general partner?:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Lemme see here ..."SPIRIT" has snow all over his "doublewide" down there in Texas ... Chip Beck and the boys in Scottsdale have snow on THEIR tee pees ... FUTUREGTOWNER has snow on his home construction project in SOUTHERN Arizona ... there was snow in Malibu the other day as well as other parts of the L.A. area ... yet, the globe is WARMING?????:shrug :lol

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Lemme see here ..."SPIRIT" has snow all over his "doublewide" down there in Texas ... Chip Beck and the boys in Scottsdale have snow on THEIR tee pees ... FUTUREGTOWNER has snow on his home construction project in SOUTHERN Arizona ... there was snow in Malibu the other day as well as other parts of the L.A. area ... yet, the globe is WARMING?????:shrug :lol

will all melt and flood Florida....:eek

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Stefan, I am starting a Limited Partnership for houseboat leasing, any interest, you can be co-general partner?:lol

Bony,

according to latest reports, we also need sales representatives in Texas and Arizona.
...boy, when do we take our new houseboat company public !?:thumbsup

:cheers :cheers

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
It's all caused by smokin' GT tires. So lay off!:banana

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO

Bony, I'd be willing to bet that CA goes bye-bye well before our lovely FL. :rofl So while you're at it, you & your European cohort (aka Stefan) may want to buy a few of these houseboats for yourselves & get away from that West side before it's too late... :eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bony, I'd be willing to bet that CA goes bye-bye well before our lovely FL. :rofl So while you're at it, you & your European cohort (aka Stefan) may want to buy a few of these houseboats for yourselves & get away from that West side before it's too late... :eek

Pic..... you may be 100% correct, I have a back up cash flow plan... always thinking. How about a safari company to come and kill does giant bugs that terrify you so much:lol :banana :lol

My trips would start at South Beach, get a little protein at The Forge, drive up
to Tampa, get a little protien at Berns, kill some bugs for you, drive back to Tampa for protien at Berns and back to Miami for more protein at The Forge.
Works for me and my prospective guests.:willy :banana :willy

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Pic..... you may be 100% correct, I have a back up cash flow plan... always thinking. How about a safari company to come and kill does giant bugs that terrify you so much:lol :banana :lol

My trips would start at South Beach, get a little protein at The Forge, drive up
to Tampa, get a little protien at Berns, kill some bugs for you, drive back to Tampa for protien at Berns and back to Miami for more protein at The Forge.
Works for me and my prospective guests.:willy :banana :willy

That's my partner ! :thumbsup Let's do it :banana

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yosemite National Park

Yosemite is a great place to spend a couple days. Right smack in the middle of the Peoples Republic of California. It's a 1000 foot high solid rock canyon that was filled to the top with a glacier during the last ice age. The ice flow moved rocks bigger than your house down the canyon. Then I guess what must have happened is cavemen started driving Ford Excursions and all the CO2 heated the earth up and melted the whole damn thing!! The temp now is 20 degrees warmer than it was then. The idiots never learned cause there have been several ice ages that all ended with SUV drivers heating the planet up. In 1972 when I was in highschool all the News Magazines were hyping global cooling!! No shit. Polution was blocking out too much sun and the earth was gonna cool too much to sustain agriculture and people were gonna starve by the millions. Whoops, what we meant was "cooling", yeah, "global cooling", that's the ticket. And THIS TIME, we're sure for sure. The heating and cooling cycles of the earth have stopped and any change from here on out is "caused by man".:bored So let's kill the economy and spend hundreds of billions on worthless bullshit and drive cars smaller than my ski boots. Some times I want to take out a club and just start beating people.:ack

Chip

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bony,

according to latest reports, we also need sales representatives in Texas and Arizona.
...boy, when do we take our new houseboat company public !?:thumbsup

:cheers :cheers

We will have to negotiate.:biggrin :rofl :biggrin
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>