Atlanta caffeine and exotics any one interested in bringing a GT contingent?

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I know that this is not probably the appropriate place to post this, but seems like the owners section is not getting near as many views, but I just got this in my e mail. Know that several of us had attended this in the past, but maybe this time we can do it in mass. Anyone interested?

We are planning a big Father’s Day Caffeine & Exotics this coming Sunday (6/21) at Lenox. If you have not already registered, we would really like for you to join us. We are expecting a huge turnout of dads, sons and daughters so we would like to have the best selection of exotic cars we have ever had at Caffeine & Exotics. We need your help to accomplish that so please take a minute to register at http://goo.gl/forms/DFqOsQOyhF. We have a film crew from LA along with AltDriver.com coming to cover the event so having you attend helps us show off what an amazing community of exotic cars we have here in Atlanta.

Thanks for all your support both past and present. I hope to see you on Sunday!

Best,
Bruce

Bruce Piefke
CEO
Caffeine & Exotics @ Lenox
2030 Power Ferry Rd. Ste. 234
Atlanta, GA 30339

770-395-7900 ext. 304
404-713-9225 Mobile

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I will be out of town or I would go again as they are always great shows. I checked the website a couple weeks ago and nothing was scheduled. I did not get an email but glad they are back having shows.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
I may show up as well. I've also invited some other Atlanta area GT owners.

Eric

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
That's what I get for being offline for a week. Saw a pic of 3 FGTs at C&E. Wish I had read this sooner. Let me know next time there is a contingent.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Overall participation was very good for this edition of Caffeine and Exotics. Three GTs showed up (photos were taken before the third GT arrived).

Eric

caffeine_and_exotics_0.jpg

caffeine_and_exotics_1.jpg

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Was at the beach this weekend is another scheduled for July?

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
I don't know yet, but there probably will be. I'll keep an eye out for any announcements.

Regards.
Eric

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
we should all plan on being there next time just for the camaraderie. I missed it too even though I started the thread!!!!!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm good in July except the 25th. We could plan some kind of GT meeting other than the car show.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I'll probably be at C&O this weekend. Usually at C&E when I'm in town. So keep me posted.

Found out that a local racer used to be on the Petunia development team. Said he worked for Mark McGowan.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Guys,

The July edition of Caffeine and Exotics is being held tomorrow at Lenox Square mall. I received an invitation for this month's event and registered a week ago but have yet to receive any slot information.

Has anyone from the Atlanta area registered and received their information?

Regards,
Eric

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
Hi Eric, I did not register, but they are usually prompt in a reply and sending a parking pass. If not, they will love to see you anyway. I think a lot of guys are getting "tired" of getting up so early and seeing the same old thing, so attendance has wained. My first jaunt there was interrupted by a Sandy Springs cop who wanted nothing better than to harass the Ford GT guy sunday morning at 6:15 with a speed trap! Treated me like I had killed someone, but Sandy Springs needs revenue so I understand!!!!!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I was signed up and received the instructions but had to cancel at the last minute

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
I contacted the event's organizers directly and was told to just show up and i would be accommodated ( as dr914 indicated).

The weather and turn out were pretty good though my car was the only Ford GT present. The featured car was a Saleen S7 so the organizers elected to place my car near it in keeping with the Ford powered theme.

caffeine_and_exotics_Saleen_S7.jpg

caffeine_and_exotics_2.jpg

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Ive registered for this weekends event. Anyone else going? Or does everyone have their car in Detroit already?

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
Mine is in the garage, Sunday is my only day to sleep in, so must be motivated! Maybe if six of us all said we would go this sunday!!!
Planning on the Lemans trip though!

Pedal2Metal

Nov 8, 2012
Atlanta
Glad to see in the early part of this thread that my '68 Shelby GT500 was allowed to attend and sit near the "real" GTs. Saw a couple there this week too. I took the CAV '65 "Tribute" GT40. Perfect weather, and good attendance as usual.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Just signed up for this weekend.